free model with animation

Community Forums/Showcase/free model with animation

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#1]
just a small project i have been working on while i learn to model low poly stuff and use it in blitz

this is free to anyone who can use it, it could be good practice material for someone... 1600 polys (tris)

download from site below

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice model. Probably could have been more efficient with polygons though. That's pretty boxy looking for 1600 polygons.

What tool are you using? I can usually recognize 3D art software by their bones display, but I don't recognize this one.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#3]
lightwave 7.5 ...cant wait for 8 and just getting to grips with deeppaint3d

Olive(Posted 2004) [#4]
looks like milkshape

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#5]
i did use qemloss2 to down size, it was 2500 tris

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
smoothing was turned off i wanted a mekanoid look...but dont know if this had any effect...legs could have been a bit less blocky i guess, but the rigg works fine

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hey tiler,

I`ve email Lee Page and he says that weights SHOULD export to .b3d format from his excellent convertor. Care to give it a try as I haven`t a clue about weights in LW. I`m downloading your model as we speak, thanks for sharing.

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#8]
Quicksilva thanks for lesson on how to rip anim sequence out of it...that was so easy ...going to add a few more sequences to that model just for practice then guna have a go at the weight thing

Edit:
anims added : walk and jump

gave Terrabits LWconverter a quick test with blendid weights
it SEEMS to work just fine...thats a serious tool i have really put it thru its paces over the last 2 weeks only problems ive had ...i caused in the first place...should be a lightwave plugin... id pay for that