EdzUp lighting demo

Community Forums/Showcase/EdzUp lighting demo

*(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi peeps,
here is the lighting demo (part of the Hunted EFPS system). The demo can be downloaded at http://www.edzup.co.uk/images/lighting.zip

Enjoy the demo =)

AntonyWells(Posted 2004) [#2]
Little more info first please?

Nice to know you're still doing the game Ed, been ages since we've had a playable demo though. Sort it! :)

*(Posted 2004) [#3]
Its a demo of the lighting system that will be used in Hunted =), the demo is 1.19Mb =)

Its not a Hunted level but demonstrates the basis of the Hunted lighting system.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#4]
Do you mean 'lightning' instead of 'lighting'?

*(Posted 2004) [#5]
nope lighting, I intend to have lightmapped lighting in Hunted.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#6]
Ok, cool! It just looked like all it did right now was 'flash' every now and then. Is it changing the lightmaps, or are you adjusting the vertex colors?

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
Any pictures?

*(Posted 2004) [#8]
its changing lightmaps, the main thing is Hunted can select the lightmap it wishes to use so lightmaps can have multiple lights and multiple switches =).

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
I did something similar for the pseudodynamic orange lights of fires in the "secret of manes" demo. The Problem is this is eating a lot of Ram, especially in low end cards with 32 or even only 16 megs. Eg: 3* 512*512 = 12 megs.

*(Posted 2004) [#10]
strangely enough the vidram usage for the demo is 5Mb and thats everything running in the demo =). So I should be able to get a few lighting effects in the game ;)