upperbody rigg test

Community Forums/Showcase/upperbody rigg test

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#1]
i have a question
what is the best way to produce the aniamtion sequence for blitz coders to use..what i mean is i use lightwave and terrabits excellent converter to create the b3d file...but this produces a file with the walk,run,jump cycles all in one animation sequence are there ways of breaking this down within blitz ..if i can give the key frames or even the animation time for each cycle or should i be doing it another way...say create one walk file one run and so on... (LoadAnimSequence)...but as far as i can see doing it this way would mean loading in the mesh with every sequence...im a bit lost on this subject

this is just an avi anim for the upper body rigg test

1600 polys (tris)

small anim
http://www.btinternet.com/~coloured.pixels/RiggTest.zip
http://www.btinternet.com/~coloured.pixels/Kid-X.zip

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#2]
you coulld just save each animation in a seperate file and then use
LoadAnimSeq ( entity,filename$ )

I tend to use one big file , its just easier to keep track (for me anyway)

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#3]
but wont this reload the mesh and then i have 2 models in memory or will it overwrite the original (im a newbee) or am i missing the point
, if you load a single file how do you access the frames say you have 60 frames for walk how do you know its frame 60 and loop back to 1 , or cut the cycle short if a collision then jump to another anim sequence
the way blitz reads its just play anim sequence # till end

Yan(Posted 2004) [#4]
Try this...

animation demo ~12K

The source is well documented and should answer your questions.

Very nice model BTW :o)

YAN

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#5]
Tiler,

OK, here`s what you do. First load the mesh complete with all animations in the one .b3d file using the command LoadAnimMesh like so, Character=LoadAnimMesh("Character.b3d") Next you have to extract the individual animation sequences, so in your case a walk cycle, run cycle etc... You do this by using the ExtractAnimSeq() command and simply specifying the mesh, Character.b3d in our example and the range of frames. So for walk you might do the following, Walk=ExtractAnimSeq(Character.b3d,1,30). Once you have extracted all of your animations from the file you can simply play them at any time by calling the Animate command with the name of the sequence you want to play. You can also set various parameters such as looping, play once, speed and so on. Here`s the command, Animate Character,1,0.5,Walk,0 where Character is the mesh you want to animate, 1 means looping anim, 0.5 for the animation speed, Walk is the sequence to play, and 0 is the frame transition when changing from one sequence to the next (Have a little play around with this one to see the effect.) Hope this helps,

Let us know how you get on.

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
thanks guys....one b3d file then rip the anims out of it

quicksilva thats gota be the best explanation ive seen

Yan thanks for example code i will tear it apart bit by bit,
you will be able to see the results as this was only a test project while i got to grips with producing models in lightwave for blitz so the finished mesh with animation will be available to all if any one can find a use for it..

ive just some mesh distortion on the hands to sort out it only appears when i load in to blitz..

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#7]
Sounds cool, I look forward to seeing it :) Glad to be of help.

Jason.

QuickSilva(Posted 2004) [#8]
BTW does anyone know if Terrabits ace exporter exports bone weights? Guess this is one for Lee if your reading :)

Jason.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#9]
all i know is you have to use weight maps only 0-100%....as far as i know