Filaxoid beta demo

Community Forums/Showcase/Filaxoid beta demo

Filax(Posted 2004) [#1]
a little breakout demo :) not finished ! but you can play.

http://www.blitz3dfr.com/click/clic.php?url=http://www.blitz3dfr.com/mes_projets/filaxoid.zip

Pete Rigz(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice presentation!

Found a bug, on lvl 7 where uve got unbreakable bricks, the ball got stuck in a bouncing loop where it couldnt get back to my paddle, therefore I had to quit...

puki(Posted 2004) [#3]
The shadows seem a bit squiffy - not that I am complaining - I just noticed the trees and their shadows in the above screenshot.

Filax(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ok rigz ! thanks :)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#5]
I havn't got 63360 megabit video memory, but 63360 kilobyte (kB). How do you get the polycount so high? I can't figure why it should be more than some thousand. (Ok, maybe you used Maplet to model the bricks). Keyboard control as an option would be nice. The collisions could be better, are you using Blitz 3D collisions? Well, for such a simple task it would probably be better to write your own collision system. Maybe the game should be harder. I like it so far thou :)

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
nice demo...but yeah option for using arrow keys be nice

Filax(Posted 2004) [#7]
I plan ! but for the moment it's a beta version.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very nice, I got past level 10 :)
Only problems I had was with the rotating bricks, sometimes the ball gets stuck with them for a while, also if I moved the mouse rapidly in one direction then tried to go back the other quickly it took a second to catch up, but on the whole it worked well and was fun.

Hope to see more soon.

Cheers
Jon

cermit(Posted 2004) [#9]
The ball got stuck in a corner couse the 'Player' was pushing it rapidly so i couldnt get away from the corner :(

Its a cool game though :) nice graphics.

One question though, is the ball tail made of 'Sprites'?
If so are they folowing each other or is a new one created with the balls XYZ coords and the last sprite deleted?

skn3(Posted 2004) [#10]
Here are my views on your game

Cons:
Paddle movement is too slow reacting
Gameplay is a bit dull
Doesn't take advantage of 3d at all, just uses it for graphics
no unique features to make it different from other clones
I don't particularly like the theming
Some sounds were annoying

Pros:
Nice tile fall away
Well presented
Colorfull graphics
good paddle->ball rebound
music is calming

I thought it was an ok version of the classic game, but you could do alot more. Like varying themed levels,.. more powerups, improved control, take advantage of the 3d aspects, 2 player online ? online scores.. etc

You said it's a beta, so I will wait until it's finished to make my final decision.