Hyper Bouncer update

Community Forums/Showcase/Hyper Bouncer update

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here are some new screenshots. The level editor is now fully working as you can see. We have 13 different tile types now and so should be able to get a 2 level demo out this weekend (hopefully).

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#2]
It's a TrailBlazer style of game? Looks good. I really, really wanna see that "hyperspace" effect in motion.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yup, heavily inspired by the awesome TrailBlazer. The hyperspace effect is pretty cool but hit the "ACID" tile and it gets pretty weird...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#4]
Another screenshot added, this shows off the explosion (or at least part of it, it's a bit big!) should you be silly enough to fall off the track...

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hey Boiled,

This looks like it would be an interesting game, but the graphics are a real turn off. Maybe see if you can make the game "sexier" or see if you can get someone to help you with the gfx? Its sad but true that graphics can make or break a game these days.

Filax(Posted 2004) [#6]
Question ... the GUI is BCF 3.0 ?? :) lol

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#7]
lucid,

thanks for the constructive criticism! I really don't mind negative feedback but please at least explain what's wrong with the gfx. It's all too easy to say 'it stinks blah blah' but slightly harder and far more useful to me if you explain what the problem is so I can rectify it.

Maybe you are not happy with just the 2nd screenshot. That is just the level editor, it's not supposed to look sexy but just be very functional.

Let me also just say that this is still a work in progress, the gfx for the tracks are not finished. I've already had some very positive feedback on the game in general including the gfx (see above post).

And yes we use BCF 3 (shameless plug Filax you ought to know better).

In all seriousness lucid, could you show me some examples of your work so I can get an idea of what to aspire to, thanks.

Gabriel(Posted 2004) [#8]
I don't see a lot wrong with the graphics, considering the type of game. You can't very well start whacking in photorealistic wall textures, because it's not supposed to look like that.

It might be nice to make the textures tile less thouogh. IE, make each square larger.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#9]
Well the actual tile textures are not decided upon yet - we just have basic ones to be able to see the different tile types.

It is supposed to be a fun, fast, action packed, 'cartoony' arcade game afterall.