Wandering Knights 0.3.2 Release!

Community Forums/Showcase/Wandering Knights 0.3.2 Release!

gosse(Posted 2004) [#1]
Wandering Knights 0.3.2 has been released!

Wandering Knights is a hack'n'slash RPG granting unique gameplay that I have been doing over the time! It is getting really close to completion.

Features:
-Unique worlds, a new one every time you play
-The world is created as you play, based on random generation philosophy
-Huge world, 10,000 zones to explore on every game
-Skill-based system for character improvement
-This is a real RPG, you are free to do what YOU want
-NPCs interact with the player with group factions

March 11, 2004 *Beta 0.3.2 Release & Patch
-Fixed a color problem with the Logger
-There is now a NICE skybox, making graphics much prettier! The skybox includes moving clouds, a gyrotating sun (with an accompanied lens flare) and moon. Really a must see :)
-You can now set up the camera distance
-Added a sun hardware light that affects the environment
-There is now a prettier menu screen with light effects and a background
-The quest number is now displayed on the map and radar, so you can quickly see where to complete quests
-Added/changed code to be able to set the world size (normally 100, meaning a 100x100 zones world: 10,000 zones total), cleaned and optimized code for drawing maps
-NPCs now have a portrait in the target window instead of a special camera
-There is now sounds on actions upon quest obelisks (accepting and completing a quest)
-There is now less unique NPCs, they spawned far too frequently
-You can now run faster by pressing and holding the SHIFT keys

BlitzCoder Showcase
Official Website

puki(Posted 2004) [#2]
I must say that I have a lot of respect for you "GoSsE Korupted". When I first joined this community, I became aware of your project and was amazed at the fact that you were giving away the source (or at least I seem to have it on my hard-drive) with the demos.

Glad development is going well.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Amazing!

ckob(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ive played this on and off since like version 1 something lol I think this game is awesome and GoSsE is a great coder BTW some of those building models rock :)

gosse(Posted 2004) [#5]
@ puki:

Thanks a lot buddy. Yes, the source code is available in every release (under a zip file named WK###SRC.zip). This has given me a couple problems tho (Auroria Online anyone?), but I feel like sharing my source with my fellow coders ;)

@ jfk:

As always, thanks! ;)

@ ckob:

:D oh yeah, I love those buildings too :D Thanks dude!