company logo-intro

Community Forums/Showcase/company logo-intro

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#1]
I designed a little company logo demo. You gotta have a "company" name you know...

I now officially announce, with the power invested in me by our savier, the holy >insert your god here<, that our group "Forced Rep. Software" does now officially exist :)

www.kotiposti.net/naama/LOGO.zip

poopla(Posted 2004) [#2]
Cool :)

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#3]
kinky

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#4]
kwl congrats did u register your company

Rob(Posted 2004) [#5]
Good idea, poorly executed.

The user is left straining his neck with the first bit where the letters drop down, then when the weight drops on both, it' far too dark.

Make it again with far better lighting.
Also without the camera rotation at the start - it doesn't work well.
How about a shower of sparks on impact, and so on?

Lighting spoils it currently.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#6]
I ain;t looked at it yet

Warren(Posted 2004) [#7]
Am I the only one who thinks "forced rape" when they read the company name? Maybe not the best choice...

JoshK(Posted 2004) [#8]
Yes.

Don't move the camera around. You already have moving parts and no frame of reference, so it is confusing.

Fix the overhead lighting.

Add smoke/dust particles slowly rising when the object impact the ground.

Don't make the letters fall through the screen. It just makes it look like you screwed it up.

Add sound!

Warren(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hey, if one person thinks it, the law of averages says that others will as well.

But, it's not my company, so he can do what he likes...

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#10]
you know, it's not very good if a company intro forces a computer to a grinding halt, unable to kill the process and still running after a fresh logon. really, it scares customers away.

Paul "Taiphoz"(Posted 2004) [#11]
I thought it looks good. I agree though, needs some more light.

Iv done 3 different intros. still not come up with one I like enough to use :/

Could this be a community COMP ??

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#12]
"Forced Rep?" That's a pretty weird name for a game company. I assume this is a game company. I think "forced" is the main problem; nobody likes to be forced to do anything, so having that word in the name is off-putting.

electronin(Posted 2004) [#13]
Make the letters land on-screen, and maybe change the company name, and it could look OK :> It does need more lighting too.

Craig Watson(Posted 2004) [#14]
"Forced Rep" or forced repetition is a weight training technique. It's basically using bad form or assistance to do a further repetition (or more) when you can no longer do one with proper form. They are generally frowned upon these days, because of the tendency to overtrain, injure and apparently they may actually limit long term progress. Presumably Bouncer is trying to point out how "hard" he is by using it ;)

It's probably not much weirder than some other game development studio names around these days.

There's a fitness website already going by that name by the way.

Knotz(Posted 2004) [#15]
nice timing

Warren(Posted 2004) [#16]
I figured out what it meant, but it still sounds like something else at first...

koekjesbaby(Posted 2004) [#17]
mh, must have been some glitchin the matrix because now it works fine.

ps. my computer is not bad, maybe just a little bad-ass, but not bad :)

Rob(Posted 2004) [#18]
I look forwards to the new one.