Catacombs

Community Forums/Showcase/Catacombs

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#1]
Here are catacomb screenshots for my first person puzzle game. I know they are dark, it's catacombs!

semar(Posted 2004) [#2]
I like the first two pics very much - expecially the 2nd one, very nice fresco !

About the others images, I find that that pink atmosphere does not fit at all with the previous two.

Anyway, nice pics. Are you using Maplet/Decorator to build up/texture your level, or what else ?

What do you mean for 'first person puzzle game' ? What is the aim of the game ?

Keep on,
Sergio.

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#3]
Semar, thanks for comment.

Actually, the last three "pinkish" picks are a special room that contains a puzzle that allows you to go deeper into the catacombs. The room will be located off of a cooridor like the one in the first pic.

I am working with a classmate on this, He is using 3d Studio Max for the models and I am using cinema 4d.

As for textures, I am unwrapping the model with ultimate unwrap and I usually paint the textures with a mixture of photoshop and tatoo. Lighting is provided by gile[s]. Think that covers everyone.

By first person puzzle game, I mean "Myst with a twist" ;)

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
:D

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#5]
Nice work !

Regards,

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#6]
Looks nice and atmospheric.

I think the second picture would benefit from a higher resolution floor texture to match the look of the wall though, that would enhance the realism.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#7]
Nice work . could be mine or something :)

gellyware(Posted 2004) [#8]
Sure I'll just send it over, you can claim it! By the way I should have a walk through level "without puzzles" ready in a week or so. I am changing the pink room, I lightmapped it "pink" when I was drunk and it was 4am (Dont Ask). Anyway, I hope people will enjoy.

Thanks all for comments.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#9]
the wall on that second pic looks bang on

poopla(Posted 2004) [#10]
Too many tris for that model I think.

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#11]
think so...i was aiming for 2000 tops...i must get back in and shave it

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#12]
Please tell me that's not in your sig man?

big10p(Posted 2004) [#13]

I lightmapped it "pink" when I was drunk and it was 4am (Dont Ask).

lol. All becomes clear! :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#14]
Ross C: it is...

tiler: Please remove big images from signature, since its not allowed on this forum ^^

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#15]
no prob.. :)

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#16]
I think the pink room looks scary, sorta enchanced. I like it.