What ever happened to... ?

Community Forums/Showcase/What ever happened to... ?

Oddball(Posted 2004) [#1]
I was transferring a load of stuff from my old computer to my new computer, when I came accross lots of old Blitz game demos I've downloaded over the years, and started wondering what had happended to some of the games I'd been really impressed with. So, in no particular order, here are the games that caught my eye.

Ollie and the Dream Keys - Not sure who made this one, but it was great fun and showed lots of potential.
Elite Multiplayer by Edzup - Always loved elite.
Winter Games Gnome Edition by Yan(I think) - International gnome hurling was great fun and I'm itching to play the other sports.
Lander by Rob Farley - The screenshots on the mental illusions site look fantastic, but not heard much about it in a while.
Simple Soccer by Matt Sephton - Loved sensi soccer and this one looked like it was going to do it proud.
Skid Marks Construction Kit by Simon A - The public beta I've got is in a pretty stable state, but again there's been no news in a long time.

I know most of the people mentioned above are still around, so come on guys lets have some progress reports.

D_Town_Tony(Posted 2004) [#2]
I was the one that did Dream Key, the reason I stopped working on it was it was my first attempt at Blitz and because of that was programmed very sloppy and I had basically programmed myself into a corner, plus although I recieved a lot of positive feedback on it I would have liked to incorporate a strong physics engine in it but at the time didn't really know how to ago about doing it, so I stopped working on it.

Oddball(Posted 2004) [#3]
Sorry to hear about Dream Key. I hope you have another crack at it one day. I've just had a look at your website, and Battle Pit 2 is looking very promising. I like the style of the character models.

Kanati(Posted 2004) [#4]
Edzup needs an arsewhuppin for not finishing elite multiplayer. :)

Kanati

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
I believe Winter Games was published with idigicon.

Rob(Posted 2004) [#6]
TOKAMAK provides awesome physics these days...

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#7]
yeh so I havn;t used it

lol