Back to the battlefield.

Community Forums/Showcase/Back to the battlefield.

Sterling(Posted 2004) [#1]
Some or you may or may not remember my old project 'Troopers' which was lost to the ages when my old hard drive died, well I've finally started putting together and adding to the old bits of code and media that I did have backed up to see what I can come up with.

Short story, cannon fodder style game but in 3D.

Anyway here are a few screenshots:-

New Editor.....(GUI thanks to EasyGUI by Andreas Blixt)

Slightly older in game shots....

gosse(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice!

ThE_oMiKrOn_CaT(Posted 2004) [#3]
looking very cool!

Jager(Posted 2004) [#4]
love the map

rsbrowndog(Posted 2004) [#5]
Excellent news!!

I love the map in the editor, how have you done it? Is it a blitz terrain or a mesh?

Cheers,

Ryan

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#6]
Looks pretty sweet. It has that same nice 'miniature world' feel to it as C&C did. Somehow 3D always looks much nicer when you watch it from a distance.

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#7]
Really glad to hear you're up and running again - I loved Cannon Fodder.

I would be interested too to know if that's a blitz terrain. It's got really nice detail on it - how big is the colourmap?

Sterling(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks guys, yep blitz terrain, at first I was having a lot of problems with the LOD popping in and out, I experimented a bit and found that if I blurred the heightmap and made the terrain quite smooth it solved 99% of the problem and seems to be working really well

Actually using a colourmap(1024*1024) with the texture and shadow baked together.

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#9]
Looks really good.
I am glad you had some of the code backed up because it would have been a shame to lose what is looking like a great game in the making.

Look forward to seeing updates on this one.

Cheers
Jon

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#10]
Yep... you are a wizard at creating scenery... those shots look really nice...

--Mike

poopla(Posted 2004) [#11]
Looking very nice.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#12]
Cool - I remember Troopers! Nice that you decided to start working on it again.