DocGen - Ruby script

Community Forums/Showcase/DocGen - Ruby script

N(Posted 2004) [#1]
DocGen is a Ruby script for generating documentation templates (the name is misleading, I know) that I wrote to generate a documentation template for all the functions, types, and global variables in Vein. After a minute of quick tweaking, it now reads any *.BB file in the directory it's run in. This isn't likely to be very useful to most people, but I'm posting it anyway.

This is what the output looks like.

The script. (CSS file included)

Ruby

Gotta love Ruby.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks nice so far, maybe it needs some kind of color taging. Also it might be more understandable if you write the function name inckuding the brckets and the parameters:

function:
DoSomething%( para1%=0, para2#=0.0, para3$="")

At least for me this would look more descriptive.

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
What do you mean by color tagging? As for the inclusion of the parenthesses in the function names, I find it to be more organized the way I have it. If someone wants it that way they can modify it themselves- it wouldn't take long.

Anyhow, I've made some additions (generation 'table of contents', CSS styles, and a more colorful Example(s) box), so I'll have the new version up later.

N(Posted 2004) [#4]
And the new version is uploaded. All the URLs in the main post have been changed as required.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#5]
I thought you said rugby script

N(Posted 2004) [#6]
Added function argument scoping (indicates which arguments are optional and their default value) as suggested by Andreas Blixt. Same links as before.