Take me to your leader...

Community Forums/Showcase/Take me to your leader...

big10p(Posted 2004) [#1]
OK, just thought I'd show you an alien head model I've been working on in wings3D. Not for a game or anything, just doing it for practice in 3D modelling - this is the first non-trivial model I've attempted.

Still WIP. I'm not completely happy with the mouth area and the ears need a bit of tweaking, I think.

Any crits welcome! ;)

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2004) [#2]
Good work !

( Perhapst the nose is a little bit too human !? )

Bolo

Tranz(Posted 2004) [#3]
I dunno, maybe it's a matter of personal preference...but I think the mouth is suitably alien as it is and I wouldn't change it much. It has a stoic, unfeeling type of alien look about it.

The nose, however...I agree with Bolo_Loco...it's too human. I'd reduce it to basically just nostrils, no real protrusion.

Overall though, it looks great.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#4]
I have to ask I know this is not what I am ment to say but ho9w do you do that in wings I ma getting the hang of it but look at all tose faces did yuo drag all the vertices to get that sourt of thing

big10p(Posted 2004) [#5]
Yeah, I kinda know what you mean about the nose. I'll have a play and see what I can come up with. Thanks!

Agamer: All I did was the usual thing of creating a low poly model and then did a smooth on it. It does have a lot of faces but I wasn't too concerned about that as - like I said - I'm not using it in a game or anything. It was just a practice model. ;)

big10p(Posted 2004) [#6]
OK, I've reduced the nose quite a lot. I'm pretty sure it looks better. ;) What do you think?

Andy(Posted 2004) [#7]
I am thinking 'Yoda'!

Andy

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#8]
lol

big10p(Posted 2004) [#9]
You think it looks like Yoda?! Looks like its back to the drawing board, then!

agamer: if only I could reach the heights of your amazing modeling skills! :P