First MORPHLING creature animations

Community Forums/Showcase/First MORPHLING creature animations

gameproducer(Posted 2004) [#1]
If you want to see this monster walking, continue to: http://www.morphlings.com/download.php

That odd creature even has his fingers boned so you can see them moving when he is walking ;)

I updated the demo a bit... try it out and I would appreciate if you could provide FPS info (plus your computer specs). Thank you!

(oh... and of course you must put your email in da box appearing after launch ;))

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#2]
FPSs: ~245
(WinME, Athlon 1800+, 768MB ram, ATi Radeon9700pro)

=================
The animation looks good, but I think you can spend a few more polys to make the guy look a little more organic. Seems to blocky/pointy to me.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#3]
Nice model!
FPS: 75 on my old computer 433 MHz, 128 Mo, win98

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#4]
Great animation! 620fps walking, when idling drops steadily from 550 to 250 then back up to 550 when it starts again (?)

Said it before - really nice website.

gameproducer(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thank you people.

@dangerdave: thanks for the info. for now it will look blocky (if you look this zoomed!) but we are aware of possibility to use normal maps... to make him look like high poly you know... ;)

@repeatuntil: hey, could you test it also without debug info (press F1) in the game.

@mrtricks: yeah, I noticed this too and thought "now this is weird?!" but I already know the reason: the movement animation is 75kB file but idle animation is 650kB file! so .b3d animated models (and presumably others too!) are quite sensitive about the animation length

Thanks guys for the info.

dangerdave(Posted 2004) [#6]
I didn't notice that pressing F1 would have such a great impact.

Wiht F1 - off/no text
before the anims are activated = 1280 fps
the idle anim = 120 - 600 fps
the run anim = 810 - 850 fps

gameproducer(Posted 2004) [#7]
@dangerdave: yeah, it has - because the demo uses blitz Text function (not image fonts - as is done in the real game...)

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#8]
Morphecy: the difference is only a few frames (3-4) with or without text.

Special message from my wife: she thinks that your ET is really lovely!!!

TartanTangerine (was Indiepath)(Posted 2004) [#9]
Hello to your wife... :)

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#10]
lol

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#11]
aggh, got an unable to set 3d scene. my old vid card can't run in windowed mode.
(8mb rage pro)

JoeRetro(Posted 2004) [#12]
Nice looking animation Morphecy!

What model/animation package are you using?

gameproducer(Posted 2004) [#13]
Ruz: I created a VERY special fullscreen version for you. It's available to download at: www.morphlings.com/publish/setup_creaturedemo_2.exe
(both installer & uninstaller included) :D

P-Q4: Credits for the 3D modeling, textures & animations goes to our Uruguayn 3D artist. He uses tools like Studio Max, milkshape, photoshop... (don't actually know all the tools he might be using ;))