A tune

Community Forums/Showcase/A tune

Caff(Posted 2004) [#1]
Only half done, needs a bit of cleaning.

Click here to listen (1.7mb)

Please let me know what you think?

Also please drop by at my new website, does it look right in your browser? There's not much to see but again let me know what you like / don't like. I'm not afraid of criticism

Roast Pork Productions

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#2]
My opinion. Put the bass and piano volumes closer to the choirs unless your expressing something. The more it sticks together the better it sounds.

Nice beat.

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#3]
Sounds clean to me. Nice job.

JAW(Posted 2004) [#4]
Not bad. I'd say the bass could do with less attack, more sustain, and more reverb..
it sounds too synthetic and out of place in this piece

Caff(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks for the feedback...

Yeah the bass isn't popular.. I agree, it was the last thing I threw in to give it a more rounded feel. It is well out of place though :)

In fact, as a tune goes it has a more dead feel the more I listen and work on it. It'd probably make a decent backing-track for something though with a bit more tweaking.

I'd be interested in offering my services as a musician. I don't know if there are other musico's out there who can advise me on the best way to go about this?

Nebula(Posted 2004) [#6]
Its got that chevy chase movie feeling to it so it would fit several games nicely.

You should make a better piano part, its very tracked sounding.

As for wanting to sell your music I am not doing that myself since I want to get a little better first. But if you hang around on forums like this and have a webpage with examples then it will help.

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#7]
Dude, that's a lame entity of penguin bash, and I made 8326.9 by the way. For the music, I would at first expect (and like) it to crash into something heavier at either 28 or 36 secs. And the same small piano piece is repeated too much, some variations would help. Good thou :)

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#8]
Sounds great Caff, I can imagine it as a backing track for when you are in a menu selecting stuff just prior to starting a new game or setting game options.

The bass at the start does stand out a bit, just needs the volume turning down and maybe some reverb but apart from that it all sounds quite polished.