Screenshot of my landscape

Community Forums/Showcase/Screenshot of my landscape

Smokey(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi there

Here a screenshot of my landscape , I work a lot in these time of making multiple detail bumpmap I try to find a solution of making the best result possible...

I use for this Terrain Shader , also TreeMagic for the tree
and terragen for the skybox, the resolution of the skybox picture is too low .. I Burn a bit the tree because it was too bright for the current light.. if someone have suggestion about how making multiple bumpmap just tell me...

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Bumpbap? rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat? ;)

Looks very nice so far. Maybe the Tree chunk is a bit too bright or it has too much contrast.

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
The terrain looks alright. Not very realistic though. That outcropping on the left side is just weird.

What is a multiple detail bumpmap? Sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you, but I am really getting tired of people mixing and matching random jargon terms to make up new technical sounding but ultimately meaningless terms.

Smokey(Posted 2004) [#4]
well i don't meant to invent a new language lol , like you know in blitz you can use multi-texture , if you use another texture then you can use this texture as bumpmap to add detail..

what i meant by multiple detail is using a single texture that cover the landscape as detail

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#5]
Ah, I getcha. That's pretty easy to do. Actually, from that screenshot you've mostly got it figured out (the basic technique anyway.) It comes down to using ScaleTexture to tile the detail image while still using the same UV coordinates as the main texture image, setting the greyscale detail image as a multiply blended layer over the main texture.

Oh, and I think the resolution on the skybox is fine. Stuff in the distance should look kind of blurry anyway. Go any higher with resolution and you're going to blow all the texture memory on relatively unimportant background images.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#6]
There is noticeable banding on the sky texture, this doesn't necessarily need higher resolution but maybe higher bits per pixel i.e. 32 bits.

SabataRH(Posted 2004) [#7]
In regards to the tree brightness, you can manualy adjust the lighting control via entitycolor or if you purchased treemagik then you are entitled to treemagik pro update which offers numersous controls to export blitz trees with diffrent tint,coloring,brightness settings.

If you havent purchased treemagik yet and plan on using trees inside Blitz3d - I suggest waiting ... TreeBlitz3d is gearing up for release.