Hyper Bouncer

Community Forums/Showcase/Hyper Bouncer

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi,

just thought I'd post a screeny of our new game, Hyper Bouncer. Its still quite early in development but we are coding at full steam and should have a release out very soon. Please send any feedback to info@...

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
Trailblazer!

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#3]
Yes! I loved playing Trailblazer and have always thought that an updated version would be great fun.

Do you think that it's a goer?

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#4]
cool...i love games like this one. :-D

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#5]
SopiSoft,

PeaGuy? What madness is this? Looks great although a little odd. In fact it's more than a little odd. You must be out of your pod!

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#6]
TR-TR-TR-TR-TRAILBLAZER! Yeah, I loved that game too. You could do some mad things with it now...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#7]
mrtricks,

we loved that game too, we are gonna have some of the original features plus some new stuff...

We should have a basic demo version soon. Keep an eye on www.boiledsweets.com.

Dr Derek Doctors(Posted 2004) [#8]
Have a look at Blazing Trails if you want a few ideas. That's a really nice version of the game.

Steve C ™(Posted 2004) [#9]
I have good memories of Trailblazers as it was the first ever computer game I played.
Looking forward to this game :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#10]
Thanks,

checked out Blazing Trails. Nice stuff. However we are planning something more along the lines of the original...

Here's the latest screenie...

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#11]
Trailblazer :)

Someone made a Trailblazer thingy in Blitz 2D
called "Perilious Pits", haven't tried that one
since early betadays if it's still around.

Your shots look sweet :)

po(Posted 2004) [#12]
I thought this was going to be about Bouncer eating too much suger! :)

SopiSoft(Posted 2004) [#13]
PeaGuy? What madness is this? Looks great although a little odd. In fact it's more than a little odd. You must be out of your pod!

LOL! ...well, i didnt made up those characters, a company called Astral Entertainment once did and i just made a game starring those characters...

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#14]
So does anyone know the deal regards copyright. Trailblazer was written in 1986 by Stuart Southern for Mr Chips Software then publiched by Gremlin Graphics.

I have tried to track down all the above with no joy. I have found a site called Magnetic Fields that I believe has something to do with Stuart Southern but it appears to be a dead site.

How does the copyright laws stand if I want to make a clone/update of an old game.

I do know that Magnetic Fields said that the original trailblazer ROM could be distributed free of charge as long as no profit was invloved...

Any thoughts?

Elf(Posted 2004) [#15]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it SHAUN Southern who wrote Trailblazer/Kickstart and a whole load of others for Gremlin Graphics?

I think he runs a company called Magnetic Fields now, if that helps.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#16]
Ooops sorry meant Shaun. Tried emailing his site but gets bounced back as undeliverable.

Elf(Posted 2004) [#17]
Screenshots look great, by the way! Trailblazer was a favourite of mine too.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#18]
SHAUN Southern made "Kikstart" too AFAI can remember, great game that also :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#19]
I must say that it seems that TrailBlazer was a well loved game (hell I loved it) so I have to make sure that the new version lives up to the expectation.

I would now value your input as TrailBlazer devotees...

I need new name for the game...

The current working title is "Hyper Bouncer".
Someone has suggested "Brisky Balls".

Do you like it?

Do you have any other top suggestions?

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#20]
I thought the topic was about me being hyper cool :)

Seriously though... looks like a fun game.

big10p(Posted 2004) [#21]
Looking good. Funny, I was just thinking the other day about how it would be to make a B3D version of Trailblazer - I didn't actually consider doing it, just thinking. ;)

Pity you couldn't use the original (CPC464) soundtrack - it was so compelling... "hum banana, hum banana"... ahem! :/

BTW, i seem to remember a similar game on speccy, C64 etc. that had a top-down view with a continually bouncing ball that you had to guide over gaps and obsticles. Was called Bounder or Bouncer or summut. Not as good as trailblazer, though.

As for name, what about Ball Blazer? maybe not. :)

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#22]
big10p,

thanks for the feedback, the top down game you were thinking about was called "Bounder".

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#23]
I suggest "Spunky Balls" for gamename !

Elf(Posted 2004) [#24]
I think "Hyperbouncer" is a great name. Are you gonna keep the two player split-screen mode? My mates and I had hours of fun with that back in the good ol' days.

Boiled Sweets(Posted 2004) [#25]
We plan to implement the split screen 2 player version once we get the basic game engine finished.

we also plan network / internet 2 player option!