New Aerial Antics Control Scheme and Demo!

Community Forums/Showcase/New Aerial Antics Control Scheme and Demo!

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#1]
OK, my experiment with a harder challenge and then a 15 minute timed demo were both disasters. Sales completely dropped off the charts in both instances.

Our original demo was meant to be easy because we knew the game was a little difficult to just pick up and play. It was originally designed to work with a gamepad the best. I've now realized this was the biggest mistake I made. Thus, I've redesigned it to work as most people seemed to want to play it. With a combination of the mouse and keyboard like a FPS and indeed many many other games today like Marble Blast. You can now strafe! You also don't need to worry about the pitch of the jets as they fire at 5 pre-defined angles.

I find the game much more enjoyable with the new controls and I've changed the demo to show a wider spread of gameplay. I really thought that changing the controls would ruin what I'd originally intended for the game to be but instead it seems to have enhanced it greatly.

Even if you've tried it before please give it another shot. I've included some new levels (still 5 levels) but they are a wider variety and I think the new controls will have you loving it. If you don't buy it now, let me know what else can be done! I don't give up!

Get it from the site listed below ;) Thanks for playing!

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#2]
Ive tried a few of the Aerial Antics demos. This one I think is far better. Very nice looking scenes btw. Who did you hire for your 3d work ?

jhocking(Posted 2004) [#3]
Unfortunately I don't recall the exact error message right now, but I figure you should know the demo didn't run for me when I tried it. The machine is running Windows XP and an Nvidia Quadro.

Oh, and I don't mean the new demo from your site; I still have to try that. I couldn't run the demo I downloaded from GarageGames.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#4]
The demos are both different. Man that GG demo is causing problems for quite a few people. I'll have to remedy that :) Check the one out on our site, it's what we're moving to. I'm about to update it in a minor way again.

pantsonhead.com(Posted 2004) [#5]
I had some display problems when I ran your demo - things being drawn funny colors - invisible menus (apart from the red underlines) - but not always in the same places.

I thought it might be my video card (RADEON IGP 345M/COMPAQ PRESARIO 2500/XP-PRO) so I tried 640x480 and still got problems. I only use BlitzPlus but I've had no problems with other Blitz3D demos.

Apart from that I enjoyed the demo - great sounds!

scribbla(Posted 2004) [#6]
all i got was input not supported error....but got the funky tune

specs: winxp home, radeon 9700, 1gb mem

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#7]
This demo or an older one?

This demo (as of 2/24/04 on www.leadfootproductions.com) doesn't ask for any input now besides mouse and keyboard. As for Radeon cards you do need the latest drivers (they were made available in December). I had to get them for my 9600XT card which was new at the time but still needed to be upgraded to the very latest specs. If you got the demo from www.leadfootproductions.com and not www.garagegames.com this week it should work. The demo I had up last week had a problem as far as I can tell.

If you got an error and you downloaded the game before 2/24/04, then check it out again because there was a problem. If you have an ATI card then you need the latest drivers from the ATI site.

Other than that, let me know if you downloaded the demo from Leadfoot from 2/24/04 or up and still had issues.

pantsonhead.com(Posted 2004) [#8]
I used the the mouse/keyboard demo - 7.58 MB (7,959,223 bytes).
I will try installing new drivers and let you know how it goes.

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2004) [#9]
No one else has tried this out yet?

The controls are completely revamped!