Space Hulk BE Editor

Community Forums/Showcase/Space Hulk BE Editor

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#1]
Well, the mission editor for Space Hulk BE is coming along nicely. I've included a screenshot for those interested. Click for larger

It's pretty smart - places walls correctly based on existing layout, etc. You can see the big empty panel over to the right - this is where a tabbed dialog with mission parameters, texture, model info, etc. will live.

The 2D map creation part is working fully. I have to add in UI hooks from the tabbed dialog now. The 3D preview/texture paint mode isn't started yet but I have it planned out and it's really a fairly minor part - the map structure is the key and that's all in there.

Don't know for sure when the editor will be done but, when it is, I'll release it with a couple of sample maps - and all of you Space Hulk fans can build your favorites ;) I don't want to release it until the map format is stable though and I'm still working on how to do mission parameters, etc.

Later,
M

[edit]BTW, this isn't a real map (duh) ;) Just showing off the different icons. The red hatched area is where marines start. The red arrows are marine exit points. Green arrows are Genestealer spawn points. The red explosions mark a target that must be attacked. The medal marks a target that must be used/accessed/etc.[/edit]

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#2]
mearrin69,

Looking good. By far the easiest way to edit in my IMHO. Reminds me of the good ole days of DOOM.

Caff(Posted 2004) [#3]
Space Hulk on PC was a classic - especially the voices

'ARADIEL GET OUT OF MY WAY'

'I CAN'T FIND..... ' (long pause) 'AN ARCHIVE RECORD VIEWER'

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#4]
lol!

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#5]
"LOOK OUT BROTHERS" "THEY MOVE SO QUICKLY"

*(Posted 2004) [#6]
I think the voices of the playstation version were the most amusing the way they say something then complete the sentence in a different voice =)

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#7]
I had the 3DO version, which actually had pretty good voice work.

I do remember that "I can't find.......a mick in Dublin." business, though.

It was like bad telephone systems. "Extension <high, female>One, <low, female>Three, <husky, male>Seven, <young and flinty, female> is unavailable, <slurred, indeterminant gender> pleasch try aagain laaster." Heh.
M