F-UI 3D - Available For Evaluation And Purchase

Community Forums/Showcase/F-UI 3D - Available For Evaluation And Purchase

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#1]
F-UI 3D is now available for evaluation and purchasing. The Lite version of F-UI 3D has many features removed or disabled, but all the supported gadgets are still there.

Please go to http://www.f-software.co.uk for more information.

Thanks,
Chris

Difference(Posted 2004) [#2]
You need to make some fui_lite demos. Trying to run the examles gives errors, even if you change the Include to "..\f-ui_lite.bb"

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#3]
Hi Peter, there was an error in the installer file. I've reuploaded it with a fixed version.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#4]
'Function fui_api_loadcursor' not found

F-UI 3D Light

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#5]
Hi Frank, it should have installed a file called f-ui.decls into your userlibs folder. If it didn't check the folder where you installed it to and see if it's there. There should also be a converter, help, samples and skins folder there as well.

If there isn't, then please remove it from your hard drive and redownload the setup file.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#6]
Hi,

It looks nice but there are some problems:

1: Resizable windows are extremely picky about where on the window border you click to resize it.

2: The panel in the resize demo, isn't clipped when the window is resized.

3: The bottom box/gadget thing, goes haywire in the 'borderless window' demo, when the window is resized.

4: Illegal type conversion in the 'view.bb' example.

5: The scrollbar isn't removed when you close the window in the 'treeview.bb' demo.

6: Too many parameters in the 'skins.bb'

7: Too many parameters in 'menu_recentfiles.bb' demo.

8: Too many parameters in 'menu_context.bb'

9: The text and selection is shown through the scrollbar in the 'listbox.bb' example.

10: Too many parameters in 'dialogs_custom.bb'

11: Too many parameters in 'dialogs.bb'

The rest seems to work, but I would never consider bying it when there are so many bugs in the evaluation :(

Beaker(Posted 2004) [#7]
What he said.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#8]
Chris,

My fault. I installed it incorrectly. Checking it out now

CopperCircle(Posted 2004) [#9]
I have been waiting for this, my editor uses BlitzUI, and im hoping it will convert over.

Only problem so far, FUI_SetGadgetAlpha win005, 0.7(Error too many paramaters)

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#10]
Hi Fredborg,

1. This is because the window itself isn't actually resizable (the cursor is set with blitz code and the window is resized manually). This allows the GUI to resize in realtime and not just when you release the mouse after resizing.

2. Viewport clipping isn't implemented yet, but it's on the list of things to do.

3. This will be fixed within the hour.

4. Caused by a call to FUI_CreateCube( ) which isn't included in the Lite version

5. Has been fixed already.

6. 7. 8. Caused by calls to functions that are not in the Lite version. Will be fixed within the hour.

9. Will be fixed

10. 11. Caused by calls to functions that are not in the Lite version. Will be fixed within the hour.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#11]
Chris,

Full Screen mode locks up and there are a few demos that error due to Too many parameters. Other than that, the gui is smooth and very fast.

elias_t(Posted 2004) [#12]
Very Good Chris.
I am planning to buy it.
But I have a suggestion to make:
I would like to see a lite version also wich inludes only the basic gui commands. Adding 13000 lines in my projects is too much I think...
You could make some additions optional?
like #ifndef etc ?

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#13]
You mean a version that simply has basic GUI functions?

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#14]
Chris,

Chris I also notice that your converter the messaging system to an Integers vs strings. Very good move.

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#15]
Yea, ages ago I found out that string checking in blitz is quite slow so I decided to go for Constants instead. I can't remember who told me... it was probably TeraBit since he's provided several speed improvements (FUI_Parse() and FUI_CountItems() in particular)

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#16]
Chris Fuller,

I was wondering if can you use non-windows skins and images. There is no demo of using icons, is this the purpose of a image box. I intend to use the lib for ingame panel menu system.

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#17]
The skin system is still in BETA. The window itself can be skinned but no gadgets can be at this time. You can add icons to certain gadgets by specifying an image handle or filename as the Icon$ parameter.

Check the following links for more:

http://www.f-software.co.uk/index.php?p=support&id=fui3d&help=commandref&func=FUI_Button

http://www.f-software.co.uk/index.php?p=support&id=fui3d&help=commandref&func=FUI_ComboBoxItem

http://www.f-software.co.uk/index.php?p=support&id=fui3d&help=commandref&func=FUI_ListBoxItem

http://www.f-software.co.uk/index.php?p=support&id=fui3d&help=commandref&func=FUI_MenuItem

elias_t(Posted 2004) [#18]
@Chris.
Yes I mean an option to include only basic gui functions.
Maybe some people like me do not want to include the rest 3d stuff [wich are quite cool btw.].

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#19]
Ok, I'll make a version without the added extras.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#20]
wow! thanks for taking my lite-version suggestion!!!

now... to convert....

mrtricks(Posted 2004) [#21]
DLing now, looking forward to trying it out. Nice website design, BTW.

Kornflex(Posted 2004) [#22]
Very very nice stuffs :) am happy to pay it's !

I think it's the best one :) and he is very fast

In french : C'est le meilleur ! :) Rien à dire

Kissme(Posted 2004) [#23]
I agree :-D I like Alpha mode.

KissKool
Stephanie Pailly

xmlspy(Posted 2004) [#24]

Odds On(Posted 2004) [#25]
xmlspy, I'm working on an editor as we speak (about 25% done). I've been quite busy working on the F-UI 3D core code as well, which is available to registered users only.

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#26]