Hover Havok

Community Forums/Showcase/Hover Havok

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, all. Just wanted to announce my first game that I will complete. There are a few shots in the gallery, the latest shows the style I have finally decided to go with.. Gameplay is that of hovercraft.. meaning you slide a bit

All effects are currently partical.. although for some i am thinking of trails.

You can grab question blocks that will give you a random powerup to use at your discretion. There are also booster objects like jump pads and speed pads that you can run over for some big air or super speed.

There will be 4 circuits, and each circuit has 4 tracks. For every goal you acheive you get a game point.. It requires game points to unlock circuits.. and you can unlock them in any order you like as long as you have aquired enough game points.

There Are 7 goals for each track.
*Come in first place with each car(5 cars)
*Beat the best time(preset) personal goal can be to beat your own best time.
*Find the hidden chest, and come in first place, this one is extremely hard because in many cases its off the path and you then get way behind in placement.

I look forward to getting some feedback when the demo is ready.

Bot Builder(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks really good! I'm interesdet, what are your using for the physics? Custom, tokamak, or somthign else?

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#3]
Custom.. started with simple velocities. Just evloved from that. Nothing too real. I havent even tried using Tokamak. Does it handle simple physics without overdoing the realism ?

poopla(Posted 2004) [#4]
Looks nice, keep us updated.

RifRaf(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks, will do.