Filaxoid :) breakout clone

Community Forums/Showcase/Filaxoid :) breakout clone

Filax(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi :)

This is an alpha version, 4 days work.

http://www.blitz3dfr.com/tempo/filaxoid.zip

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#2]
It looks cool... my pc at work is too slow to make it playable though getting about 1 fps! I'll try it at home.

po(Posted 2004) [#3]
Vous avez perdu? I should know that one, ummmm.... You have lost?
I tried it and it is very cool. The ball sometimes goes inside of the paddle. FPS: 22.

Filax(Posted 2004) [#4]
this is an alpha :) the final version will be in english :)

Qube(Posted 2004) [#5]
Looks sweet!

Sometimes the ball gets stuck down the side of the paddle when the paddle is against the wall.

LOL!! whats with the madness of pressing the right mouse button and having tons of balls zipping around?

Rob Farley(Posted 2004) [#6]
There's something not being cleared up between levels, level one starts on 90fps, by the time I hit level 3 or 4 it's down to 7fps

Filax(Posted 2004) [#7]
With the right button i'm launching the different bonus :)
i have coded multiball first :)

napole0n(Posted 2004) [#8]
Looks nice, but there's a small bug in your collision things: when the base hits the wall and you keep moving the mouse, it'll 'stick' to the wall, even when you try to move the other way. Probably because the collision stops the base, but internally you still add to the coordinates of the base when the mouse moves.

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#9]
starts off at 19fps here. I dont get far enough to see more levels since the ball tends to get *very* fast after a few well placed hits . but tis a nice looking game so far :)

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#10]
> the final version will be in english :)

Might as well practice my French with this alpha while it lasts then...
(bah, which reminds me...got a project for ma french class due Monday.., thx alot. :P )

Dig the graphics btw, when will we expect a beta?

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#11]
Graphics look very nice, but i've come to except that from you! ;) The ball does seem to go alot faster when it going horizonal tho :) Looks nice :)

Filax(Posted 2004) [#12]
I'm making the brick level editor for the moment :)

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#13]
Run too slow on my 433 MHz !! (5 FPS). snif, snif

Filax(Posted 2004) [#14]
Sorry :)

Ross C, i have kill the problem