IconEd256 V1

Community Forums/Showcase/IconEd256 V1

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#1]
Hi, I have just release a 256 color icon editor on BC. It can export to the .ico format for use with any program that supports the format.

Heres a screenshot

And the link
IconEd256

slenkar(Posted 2004) [#2]
Does this create windows icons,game icons, or both?

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#3]
Well it's designed to make 32*32 images and export them to the .ico format used by Windows. You can use a program like ResHack to change the Blitz red rocket icon to one of your own using the format, I also believe some of the custom IDE's support the .ico format in this way.

Of course you can make a 32*32 bmp image with it and use it however you want. :)

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#4]
hm paintbrush can save ico's - is the same like 32x32x4bit-bmp

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#5]
Nice :)

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#6]
My version of paintbrush can not save to the .ico format, only various .bmp formats and jpg,teff etc. which are different to the .ico format. Even Adobe Photoshop 7 does not have a native .ico export function.
If your happy using whatever you use then that's fine by me, I am not forcing you to use it ;)

MrCredo(Posted 2004) [#7]
hm i use win98 - i think this is the difference

but don't surprise - i can't select ico in save-dialog. just select 16color-bmp and save as *.ico file

Azathoth(Posted 2004) [#8]
My blitzplus doesn't put in a red rocket icon

joncom2000(Posted 2004) [#9]
Blitzplus has no icon in the exe to start with, but you can add one with programs such as ResHack, which supports the .ico format for icons :)