Hesperus(WIP)

Community Forums/Showcase/Hesperus(WIP)

po(Posted 2004) [#1]

This is a game I decided to make beacause I wanted an excuse to use a cool greek name. I started backwards, starting with the name, then the menu, then the first level.
This is my first try at functions and I have only made 1 level because I am having trouble with a certain function that would probably be better suited for types. Anyways, it is a point and click game where you click on a certain colour of star that the panel thing tells you. On this level you get 60 seconds to collect atleast 20 stars. The stars go in different patterns as you go further in the game. If you click on a star that has a colour other then the one the panel tells you then you get a curse, which will either slow your mouse down or speed it up or fog your screen. In higher levels the colour of the text that says which colour of star you have to get will be a different colour than what it says. It has a cool story too!
Story:

Phosphoros, the morning star, cast light over all the land in the morning since the beginning of time.

Thanatos, Death, cursed Phosphoros and rid him of his 5 star colours: red, blue,green, yellow and white. Without these colours, Phosphoros casts no light in the morning, letting dark demons into the world and leaving its inhabitants blind.
You, Hesperus, the evening star, must do whatever means possible to help Phosphoros to get his star colours back before Thanatos releases his minions of evil.

The existance of life on earth is relying on you, Hesperus.

I still don't know where to get free music for it though.

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#2]
Sounds like you got alot out of just a name ^^

The planets could have been a little better, but overall it looks like a good game :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#3]
Nice story, make sure george lucas won't rip it :) Try to find some music at www.echovibes.com .

po(Posted 2004) [#4]
Ok, I got some music now. Do I have to put anything in my credits?