Various Stuff

Community Forums/Showcase/Various Stuff

N(Posted 2004) [#1]
A work in progress tree:

Some textures (more to come, probably):

And I could post pics of Vein, but those aren't very appealing visually (though I'm not sure about these either).

mearrin69(Posted 2004) [#2]
Nice textures. How'd you make them? Not handdrawn?
M

Tri|Ga|De(Posted 2004) [#3]
Why make trees when theres TreeMagik Pro?

Jim Teeuwen(Posted 2004) [#4]
Cos teeMagic costs and creativity is free :)

N(Posted 2004) [#5]
mearrin: Depends by what you mean by hand drawn. Usually I start with a flat color, put in all the shading, then overlay some custom textures to give it a rough (or soft) feel. Or sometimes I don't overlay textures. Depends on what it is.

TGD: Because the trees I've seen that produce look like utter crap (no offense to the author(s)) and it costs money. Anyhow, bad question.

Defiance: *poke* Comment on the subject material, not the replies ¬_¬

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#6]
The render there gives me the feeling the tree was made in Wings3d...nice job on it either way. :)

As for the textures, all I can say is, I got a flashback to Half-life....but these ones are of higher rez and nicer quality....ever thought of making tutorials for artists like I in making stuff appear more 3d throughout shading and etc?

N(Posted 2004) [#7]
Genexi: Yep, made in Wings 3d (Tweak == best mesh-editing tool ever). I've considered making tutorials, but I'm not an expert on the subject. I've made a few videos of myself skinning before, but that's not the same as making environment textures. I'll think it over.

Agamer(Posted 2004) [#8]
I love the tree don't listenton them it rules oh and I am aware a lot of pepole agree with me I think!!

N(Posted 2004) [#9]
Forgot to post this earlier

Ruz(Posted 2004) [#10]
Noel, nice level textures. Thats not my strong point, must practice more.
The trees not bad but I feel its a bit bulbous near the top.

N(Posted 2004) [#11]
I have to admit, making HUD graphics is slightly more difficult than I thought it would be.

The little circular meter in the left-most piece of it is for health. Works rather nicely, actually. Now if I could just get anti-aliasing to work in Blitz.

N(Posted 2004) [#12]
Nifty

po(Posted 2004) [#13]
Coooool.... You should make a tutorial on how to make such good looking textures.

N(Posted 2004) [#14]
Quick 45-minute assault rifle. Texture/uvw mapping isn't done.

It was fun.

DarkNature(Posted 2004) [#15]
So, is Wings3D much good, then? I got 3D canvas last time I thought I might try doing some 3D stuff but ended up confused and frustrated.

I like your gun, BTW.

HAve fun.

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#16]
Really looks like you know your stuff ^^ Maybe you should open up a gallery? :)

Genexi2(Posted 2004) [#17]
Damn your work is inspirin Noel, now I've got to open Wings again tonight and "try" to make something...

Clique(Posted 2004) [#18]
Yeah noel, thats some nice gun ya got there

N(Posted 2004) [#19]
DarkNature: Yes. Thank you.

AshMantle: Thanks, and click my first signature image :P

Genexi2: Thanks.

Clique: Thanks.

N(Posted 2004) [#20]

Skin in progress.

Edit: Addition of random pictures. This bloody alpha blending issue is really annoying me.