ExGen - Explosion Generator released

Community Forums/Showcase/ExGen - Explosion Generator released

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#1]
ExGen is finally completed (for now... new features are planned)

You can read about it and download the thing here http://www.binarysun.co.uk/products/exgen.htm

The download has two modes. A Demo mode and a Lite mode. The demo mode has all features active except for Exporting of completed animations. The Lite mode is limited in features but lets you export the finished article.

Let me know what you think.

fredborg(Posted 2004) [#2]
Thumbs up, and congratulations!

I like the dualism of Binary Suns and Binary Moons :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#3]
If I like the demo, Im buying!

EDIT: In my opinion it lacks the ability to specify a start time lower than 0.. thus making seamless animations with 15 frames where the animation starts and ends on the same frame..

is it even possible? I would use this to make special effects such as waterfalls, will-o-wisps & so on..

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#4]
Oh, and the price is fine too.. Just had to say it, so I might end up buying it anyways :p

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#5]
The ability to create looping animations is one of the planned updates. I thought I had it working ages ago, but further testing showed it wasn't working at all :(

I have it working fine in 2d and can't understand why it didn't survive the transition to 3d.

It WILL be added at some stage (hopefully fairly soon)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#6]
Cool... then I will definately buy it :)

ashmantle(Posted 2004) [#7]
I have bought it ^^

Ricky Smith(Posted 2004) [#8]
Very nice !
A small bug - when you select a particle effect in the listview it always autoselects the first item.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#9]
A small bug - when you select a particle effect in the listview it always autoselects the first item.

I don't get what you mean. You select an item from the listview and it selects a different item? If that's the case then it's very strange since it doesn't happen here.

JAW(Posted 2004) [#10]
Are there any fullsize screenshots anywhere? You should be able to enlarge them on your site at least.

I just tried out the demo. The effects look great and the GUI is very easy to use. Good work :)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#11]
The website is a work in progress. I will add some larger screenshots tomorrow.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2004) [#12]
Very good stuff!!
I have one critic and one question:
- I am running on windows 98, and like all this windowed program (Tatoo, Gile[s], yours, ...), the mouse is blinking constantly and that's very hard to see where I am clicking. The solution is quite simple: you just hide the mouse in blitz (HidePointer) and show the one of Xlnt.
I can't use properly these kind of tools with this annoying bug...
- My (technical) question: I know how to change the icon of the executable file, but I don't know how you were able to change also the icon of the application (window + task bar) ? If you point to some code, it would be nice...

Also, I tried to play to Rocket Boards, and it was a lot of fun !! Very good game... Running well on my 433 MHz computer...

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#13]
I am running on windows 98, and like all this windowed program (Tatoo, Gile[s], yours, ...), the mouse is blinking constantly and that's very hard to see where I am clicking. The solution is quite simple: you just hide the mouse in blitz (HidePointer) and show the one of Xlnt.
I can't use properly these kind of tools with this annoying bug...

I am going tobe changing gui system some time so won't be able to use the xlnt cursor. Also I use other windows cursors (the move one mainly) and so can't really use images. I will think about this one.

- My (technical) question: I know how to change the icon of the executable file, but I don't know how you were able to change also the icon of the application (window + task bar) ? If you point to some code, it would be nice...

Function AppIcon(icon$)

;------------------------------------------------------------------
	;set the current application icon (the little one in the title bar)
	;------------------------------------------------------------------

hWND=User32_GetActiveWindow()
	icon=LoadIcon(hwnd,icon,0)
	User32_SetClassLong hwnd,-14,icon

End Function

Also, I tried to play to Rocket Boards, and it was a lot of fun !! Very good game... Running well on my 433 MHz computer...

Cool - good to hear it runs on computers that old... I wanted to get it to run on the largest range of hardware possible.

BTW everybody else (JAW mainly) - I have updated the website to show larger screen shots - and added a couple of other little bits and pieces.

Fabulous MOD(Posted 2004) [#14]
Hi,

very good job...

But I've one big problem.
If I export an animation as "Separate Images" all
images are only black.
If I export the animation as "Single Image" then it's
ok.

Fabulous Mod

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#15]
If I export an animation as "Separate Images" all
images are only black.

Oops. I changed the viewport code and didn't adjust the single frame copyrect bit. I have noew fixed it. Will be in the next update (adding a couple of other features first)