BlitAmped Media Player

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitAmped Media Player

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#1]
This is a MP3/OGG/WAV media player coded in Blitz Plus. It's in Beta stage right now but it can do FX like ECHO, CHORUS and REVERB. IT also has an EQ (real-time) and real-time bar graph.

A note about the audio FX. They take hold on the next song played. So if you set for example "ECHO", it will effect the next song (and any after) you play. The next version will have this fixed so the FX take hold right away.

I have Chours set to phase between left and right channels. Sort of an AM radio'ish kind of thing. The next version will allow you to set-up your own FX :)

Get BlitzAmped Player here:
http://members.getgoin.net/~vidiot/bap_32.zip

Pics:

L8r,

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#2]
Looks very nice! Probably the GUI needs a little polish, but I am impressed by the functionality. are you using VST plugins? Will it be able to save Remixes?

po(Posted 2004) [#3]
When I opened an mp3 it started to play but then it preformed an illegal operation. I pressed Debug but then another one popped up :(

Richard Betson(Posted 2004) [#4]
@PO What are your Sytem Specs? (OS,VIDEO and Sound also DX version) .. Thanks for reporting it helps!!! :)

@JFK

I have not yet singled out a plugin system.. I would like it to be Blitz Friendly. :) What is VST? Maybe I could use Blitz Virtual Machine? I think it may work.

I have a post on "How do I Skin A Button in B+" but no ideas yet. Hopefully Mark will add that function and I can clean up the GUI part.

REMIXES are on the list! as well as plugin games and visual FX. I would also like to allow the user to have a custom remix settings for each song as well as being able to save at least a wav file or possibly ogg.

Anyway Thanks. :)

po(Posted 2004) [#5]
Oh man.... I don't know how to find out my system specs but it says: Sound Blaster AudioPCI Windows 9x Driver. And it says there is also Sound Blaster AudioPCI Legacy Device.
I am using Windows 98(Second Edition). For video\display it says: Radeon 7200.
I just tried playing more .mp3's and it worked! Except that one song does not. odd, it's: ({Instrumental} DJ Clue) Super Mario Bros. Mix.mp3
Well, It's probably the song as it is off kazaa.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#6]
VST is one of the most common FX Plugin Formats around, based on a DLL that requires a VST Host thingy - it isn't that simple, but if this would work with Blitz, there would be hundreds of ready to use FX.

Check this out:
http://www.modplug.com/modplug/tracker_plugins2.php3?session=