GUI Screenshot

Community Forums/Showcase/GUI Screenshot

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#1]
[edit]link removed. moving to new server. Thanks Darklordz :c) [/edit]

WolRon(Posted 2004) [#2]
Is this a joke?

N(Posted 2004) [#3]
WolRon: Are you? Frankly, I have a hard time distinguishing what's real and what isn't, so for all I know you're an orc that must die!

White Eagle: How about a shot in action or something.. it's pretty bland (to say the least) at the moment.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#4]
I like it, I think it looks clean and pretty, never fancied all kinds of lardy dardy stuff.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#5]
Thanks Wedoe :c)

Noel: Its supposed to be bland, its retro ;c)

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#6]
@Whitey > {EDIT} OOOWW It's u Brice :P

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=29641
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=29781

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#7]
After sleeping on it, I think WolRon & Noel Cower are right. It sucks, but it wasn't the image that sucks, it is me that sucks. Some of us just do not have artistic talent and when one cannot afford to hire an artist anymore, that person should give up the idea of ever turning out games anymore. Since I obviously don't have the art talent, I shouldn't be doing games, and I won't anymore. Thanks for your help, I appreciate your honesty.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#8]
BS !

N(Posted 2004) [#9]
I don't think I said it sucked.. I just said that that particular screenshot isn't really showing what it does in action.. 0_o

Any programmer can churn out good games with good art without having an artist. You've just got to find a way to make it fun.

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#10]
@White Eagle most of us are in the boat of being programmers and not artists, just beg/steal/borrow art until you finish your game/app then get someone to do the art.

Try not to get disheartened...opps maybe a bit late with that advice...

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#11]
I just said that that particular screenshot isn't really showing what it does in action.. 0_o
Not supposed to, it was a shot of a GUI nothing else ;c)

Any programmer can churn out good games with good art without having an artist
Not unless the programmer has artistic talent.

You've just got to find a way to make it fun.
Wouldn't have been a problem ;c) Its the artwork thats a problem. Like I said, I have washed my hands of games. Wasting too much money and time that could be better spent on projects that will not suffer because of my lack of artistic talent.

Kuron(Posted 2004) [#12]
@White Eagle most of us are in the boat of being programmers and not artists, just beg/steal/borrow art until you finish your game/app then get someone to do the art.
Normally I would agree with you, but since I only do freeware, it is virtually impossible to ever find an artist willing to work for free.

wedoe(Posted 2004) [#13]
There are lots and lots of free GFX on the web, if you only program for fun
in your spare-time then you can take your time and just edit some of the
free GFX if you like, and if you have a cool project it shouldn't be that
hard to find an artist on some GFX-group that will help you for free when
he knows you don't make any money of it either.

I have had two persons mailing me about my current project offering to
do some free GFX just to get their name in the credit-part after I posted about it here on the group.
This even if they know I make money from the project.

The Internet is a place where you can find it all, helpful people and pure idiots alike just hovering around in cyberspace !