System GUI

Community Forums/Showcase/System GUI

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#1]
Im publising this in spirit of "Halo"-(free) giving stuff...

here (50kb)

just extract all and run gui.bb

current gadgets :
- ButtonGadget
- CursorGadget
- SliderGadget
- CheckBoxGadget

example:

will also be adding list gadget, textbox gadget and and option gadget. Also i will add window-containers when i finish the hwnd stuff. if there are more gadgets needed i might be persuaded to make them as well....

this is the current game gui im using it's a great refrence for those that don't know where to start. And it's very simplistic. Also i will add a new version later but that version will use a handle, each and every entity will be able to be controlled just by getting it's handle so yo can update your gadgets from 1 loop. then it will realy be a library. Remember this is just a simple gui for refrence. All media on it was made by moi and cannot be changed/used in commercial projects without authorisation. I insist on this since im gonna use some of this in my commercial projects.......

(tu) sinu(Posted 2004) [#2]
thats the coolest looking gui ive seen, top stuff.

Panno(Posted 2004) [#3]
nice ! and thx

RetroBooster(Posted 2004) [#4]
The title font reminds me of GTA3? (Might be wrong ofcourse)

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#5]
u might..... :)

A short explenation of how the handle type will work.

We have a Type called HWND. with the fields : CID (Current ID) , OID (original ID) and IDENT (witch descriped what type of entity it is.) Now when we create a new gadget, a new entry is added to the HWND type list. And in doing so we can controll each gadget trough an update loop of the HWND Type...

Pseusdo Code:
function HwndUpdate%()
for h.hwnd = each hwnd
if h\ident = mouse%
select h\oid
case 0
drawmouse(mousex(),mousey)
end select
next
end function

the above is just pseudo code of how it will work. Pretty nifty.

Also I will add a parent field to each gadget type so we can parent the types to window containers.

Ive already added enable/disable state to each gadget....

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#6]
I Updated the SYSTEM GUI. It now has the ability to disable any gadget.

Supporting gadgets :
= - Hwnd
= - CheckBox
= - Button
= - Cursor
= - TextBox
= - Slider

The textbox supports (no delay delete), home and end keys, independant max chars relative to width. < - check the demo for this centence to make sence. ALso numpad is supported. And included clipboard userlib so ctrl+v is supported...

Every Gadget has get and set states/values. This will make keybd / joystick manipulation easy....

comming soon : LISTBOX+SCROLL, WINDOWS....

I updated the link in the first post so download there...

Binary_Moon(Posted 2004) [#7]
Looks nice. The text input gadgets are a bit ropey though. They are very easy to mess up. I had things randomly appear and dissapear as i typed

BTW have you seen the clipboard stuff in the code archives. Writes too and from the windows clipboard and doesn't require an external dll

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#8]
me thinks nice and clean.

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#9]
@Binary_Moon > The textboxgadget messes up because i have other keys assigned to other getgets.. turn off the DoDebug function and it's work perfectly....

Almost done with option gadget...