Features:
Smart missiles
Walls
Multiple enemy tank
download here www.infoserve.net/oss/tank

email: daniel@... subject "tank sparks"

Controls:
Arrows: to drive tank
z = fire Shells- If cannon reaches 300 deg you can not fire. (See Gauges)
x = fire missile, limited supply of missiles, 15 seconds to reload
c = lock on target, Point towards enemy and lock on! Square Brackets will appear around locked target
ESC to exit game

missiles:
Missiles will track tank that was lock on at time the missile was launched
You have two missile launchers on your tank. So it possible to fire two missiles one after an other if both missiles are loaded and ready to go.
It takes time for missiles to reload ( 15 seconds I think )
Number of missiles you get per level = level number

Gauges:
Bottom gauge - Cannon Temperature pointing West = 0 degrees
Middle gauge - Your tank armor Pointing West = 0 armor (your dead)
Top Gauge - Armor remaining on Enemy tank that has a lock on

Armor:
Your tank starts with 30 units of armor for every level
Enemy armor may vary
Missiles cause 10 damage
Shells cause 1 damage

tank.ini:
Use a text editor such as notepad you can change parameters of game to your liking, use at your own risk, back up file before.

Whats next:
I have a network version in the works
I'm also making a level editor wich will make this game 10 times better

Wanted: (will Pay $$$)
12 different Tank Sprites for two teams - Pointing East
Wall and object Sprites
Source code for Gauges,

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#2]
Good fun, maybe it would be better to have less deadly enemies (I say take away their missiles), and some more appealing surroundings could be good too. Well, think I could come up with some sprites.

Dan60(Posted 2004) [#3]
eBusiness

Thanks for your comments.
I guess it can be hard for beginners, My plan is to actually have a level editor. Levels are randomly generated right now, which doesn't make them very creative. In the mean time I will add a difficulty level option.

You can also tweak about 20 fully commented parameters in the tank.ini file with a text editor. You can tweak Tank ,missile, shell parameters etc. I like using an ini file so testers can tweak values. You can even remove the missiles or limit missile qty on enemy tanks

Maybe I will remove enemy missiles on the easy levels. I like the missiles though. You can avoid them... just go behind a wall or move perpindicular to it.

I made it to level 8. I wrote the TAnk AI so it gives me an edge,

Hey,BTW, I tried your racing game. I would love to see your code. How did you do the car on grass detection? Is the whole track one large image?

eBusiness(Posted 2004) [#4]
Didn't you get the source along in the zip file? Well, the track is ONLY the bmp-file. The game reads all of the bmp-file into a two-dimension array, all of the four wheelpositions is checked agains this array. The array is also used to generate the visible track image. On the source image, there are a couple of colours that will show up as pavement, but gives information needed by the game: The red and blue waypoint areas, and the yellow colour at the starting position. Furthermore a dark-blue dot mark where the text info should be shown.

Well, about your game:
The gauges are not very easy to read. Think you should show the hit points as a plain number, the enemy hit points as a number next to the enemy, the temperature could be a gauge, but it should be easilier readable. Where is the music from? And is it located in the access.xm file? And ehm, could there be a chance that I could get a view on the source code?

Why do you say that you want the source code for the gauges? How did you get them in if you havn't got the source code?

Made it to level 6 myself, I better try to beat you! :)