SARE v1.02 Demo

Community Forums/Showcase/SARE v1.02 Demo

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#1]
The new demo is available for download.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jm.keay/sare102.exe

WASD to move + mouse look
Space to jump
Left shift to crouch
Escape to access incomplete menu system =)
In menu use cursors/enter to select/change items.

Improvements made,

Jumping/Falling...

Much improved ( still not 100% happy with it though )

[Bug fix] Can now jump when in contact with a wall.

Jumping up into an obstruction now results in pain animation just like with the lift.

[Bug Fix] Jumping while on a lift stops the player moving/rotating with the lift.

Graphics Modes...

[Edit] Put 16 bit modes back in, demo requires either 16bit or 32bit graphics mode to run.
[Edit] Now only displays 4x3 ratio modes.

Miscellaneous...

Door Entity added!

Player height increased to improve sense of scale.

Camera cls no longer clears the colour buffer.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#2]
How to start?

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#3]

How to start?

Click the link under the piccie?

or if you mean how to run it, don't click on Open after the download, click on Open Folder then click the icon to run.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#4]
I have down loaded and launched. I see a prompt 'Choose Mode?'. What is info is needed?

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#5]
What is info is needed?

press "1" for example... :)

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#6]
Using the number keys ( not numeric keypad ) type in the number of the graphics mode you want and press enter.

The demo requires 32 bit graphics mode which is probably why Frank is not seeing any modes to select.

[Edit] I have just uploaded a new version which supports 16 bit modes again.

Pepsi(Posted 2004) [#7]
Hi Shambler, very nice tech demo here! I can see making Star Trek Voyager:Elite Force style doors( ie: voyager's sliding doors) this way. Looks like you have the lift spot on!

Shambler(Posted 2004) [#8]
Thanks Todd.

I did have the doors only open when the player right clicked on them, but then I downloaded a patch for System Shock 2 for XP, and now it runs again!

I prefer the way the doors worked there so changed mine =)

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#9]
Shambler,

Thanks. Yep, it was the 16/32 bit issue.

Techlord(Posted 2004) [#10]
Shambler,

Excellent demonstration of Doors and Lifts for an FPS. I'm curious. Is the implementation of the doors/lifts similar to the code you described in the Project Plasma thread? Are you using a independent Switch entity to activate the door/lift? Ultimately Project PLASMA could use some doors and lifts like these.