NANO development screenies

Community Forums/Showcase/NANO development screenies

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#1]
Very early development screenies from the upcoming game NANO, which will be the greatest duel shooter known to mankind... :)

note... the gfx may change alot... they are just quick drafts... and after I get all the pretty stuff in ... it's going to look amazing. Believe me.

What will this game have above rest of the duel games:
+ The best physics ever seen in a 2D duel game
+ up to 8 players and zooming camera to keep the action intense
+ Hundreds of bullets and explosions and objects on screen... and this game still runs fast.
+ Good A.I.
+ Lot's of game modes to choose from
+ Lot's of interactive elements... such as magnets,fans,exploding cells, powerups, shields, turrets.. etc.
+ An advanced battlefield editor to make unlimited amount of levels.

I just started to code the actual game after over 6 months of making engine and tools. Expect very early game test in a near future.

Al Mackey(Posted 2004) [#2]
You know, for a guy who has complained about Halo using "best ever" terms too much...

But honestly, this looks really really slick. But what is meant by "duel" shooter? I guess the players competing against eachother somehow?

This reminds me of a C64 basic game I made when I was a kid, where you played a white blood cell going around eliminating germs.

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#3]
Halo is always serious ... I'm not... except for that greates part :)

Dueal shooter: a kind of deathmatch game... were you kill eachother with your friend. A deathmach game could be a better word for it.

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#4]
Cool looking stuff although it looks bit like human intestines :P

Bouncer(Posted 2004) [#5]
hmmmm... I haven't noticed... but now that you bring it up... :)

Seriously though... the game environment is the inside of a human body, so it's supposed to look like intestines :)

googlemesilly(Posted 2004) [#6]
lol - maybe it is ! ... first ever shooter game
white blood cells versus bacteria - lol

gameproducer(Posted 2004) [#7]
excotic! :D

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#8]
Seriously though... the game environment is the inside of a human body, so it's supposed to look like intestines :)

:)

Ah, that sort of explains it - I was still bit drowsy, having only my first cup of morning coffee... "nano" should have been a clear hint about that. Cool - something different!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2004) [#9]
You might get some sponsorship from a medical corporate or something :) reminds me of that sperm-shooter which came along an aids prevention campaign some time ago.

Caff(Posted 2004) [#10]
Looks very nice. Are you going to have little men or worms or something?

I love Worms + Liero-type games, especially if it's two player on the same machine.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#11]
Lookin' sweet.