TM-pro beta shots

Community Forums/Showcase/TM-pro beta shots

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#1]
TREEmagik pro tightends up over the holidays.... I've had some spare time over the holidays and applied alot of it towards finishing treemagik pro. It's getting close guys! and to be honest it's producing some very nice tree effects.

Heres the latest shots from within tmpro's virtual viewers.
http://www.aliencodec.com/products/treemagik_pro/tmpro_screens.html

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#2]
looks great, is there an upgrade for us treemagik users?

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#3]
tm pro will be a free upgrade to previous tm members... The upgrade deadline ends when tm pro is released as the two products then become seperate packages.

Pepsi(Posted 2003) [#4]
Just ordered mine via BMTMicro. Can't wait to play with the trees!

The pro version is looking good! :)

Drago(Posted 2003) [#5]
ahh, the fun of fractials, (those tree leaves looks to be done via them). Great work there. :)

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#6]
I've had tons of requests to add 'tropical' support to tm-pro, while tm-pro can handle any type of tree imaginable, I've went ahead and added native support for tropical drop type trees.

Check out the screenshots page, i've added 2 tropical pics.

www.aliencodec.com/products/treemagik_pro/tmpro_screens.html

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#7]
I don't want to be obtuse here, but for a -pro product I would have expected the textures to tile (I assume these come supplied) and the UV mapping to be damn near 100% especially as you're creating organic objects. The leaves look like they should be alpha textures as they have the darkening around the edges, but that causes a problem with Z ordering so you've switched to masked but not cleaned up the edges.

Don't get me wrong, it looks good and I'm impressed, I would just have expected a few of these rough edges to be smoothed.

RetroBooster(Posted 2003) [#8]
*was gonna post pretty much the same Dr Av did*

Trunk texture quality leaves a lot to be desired, masking artifacts need to be removed.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#9]
I tend to agree with Dr Av on this. I'm sure it is excellent, and having tried the demo of an earlier version, know its easy/nice to use. It just seems to be crying out for alpha though.

GrahamK(Posted 2003) [#10]
Looking great Sabata :)

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#11]
Alpha is supported (and included) but z-order issues arise hence the reason i added 'masked' option. As any blitz developer knows 'masking' is less desireable then 'alpha maps', so thats reason i included the option.

In those shots i was running with mipping OFF, probably responsible for some of the rough look.... Although now that i look at the screens again - i think you are being a bit picky, i do see some clean-up needed on the bark but the masking and alpha dosent seem to be a problem...

TM-pro is a complete re-write of the orginal TM editor.. The features list is a mile long as the exporter supports most game engine formats Im tring to go main-stream with the app. Hence the 'pro' title.

Thanks for the comments! these are the responses i was looking for as these are early beta screen-shots and I want to clean it 100% before launch. Sometimes after looking at this stuff for days on end things slip pass me. :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#12]
Sabata,
I don't think I'm being picky, on the 6th screenshot you can clearly see the seam when the texture repeats.

If you're supporting alpha leaves cool, however, if you use masked leaves you should use a different texture for the leaf so you don't get the black outline.

The bark texture on screenshot 2 needs to be fixed as there is a pale detail on it, this makes the whole tree look very repeated, remove this pale detail and it will look fine. Likewise on Screenshot 4.

As I said, it looks great, I just think these issues need to be resolved.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#13]
Good eye Dr. Av, i think i may go back over the bark textures and reaply a less-agressive seam-less pattern to them... Thanks.

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#14]
Sabata, how do I get the free upgrade, I emailed you but no reply.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#15]
I'll announce upgrade info as soon as the app is completed..

RifRaf(Posted 2003) [#16]
Cool, thanks

Piaskowski(Posted 2013) [#17]
is there any example to download from some ware ?
now that web site is gone ;o(

*(Posted 2013) [#18]
http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2087
There ya go still being sold

Piaskowski(Posted 2013) [#19]
ahh ok the same one posted on both ;o)

thanks