Sneak Behind: New shots !!!

Community Forums/Showcase/Sneak Behind: New shots !!!

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#1]
These are shots from the first level of Sneak Behind. The map has been made in Quark, lightmapped in BSP Factory, and rendered in Blitz3D:

It's a Metal-Gear style game with cel-shaded graphics.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#2]
Sexy :)

ashmantle(Posted 2003) [#3]
yes... really sexy :) these shots inspired me to get on with my own work :D

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#4]
Thank you very much guys :)

To make the level, we wrote a document of about 10 pages with information about Tatra Mountains (Poland), where the actions takes places, real photos of the zone, maps, information about the characters that will appear on this mission, the weapons, the objectives, etc :) It has been a hard work, but I have to say that I am very proud of the work we are doing here.

Vorderman(Posted 2003) [#5]
Excellent screenshots!

I think you need a cooler name than Sneak Behind though...

How about "Death by Stealth" or "Silent Death" or "Silent Killer" or "Dark Assassin"...erm, the game IS about killing isn't it???

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#6]
nah, I love 'Sneak Behind' as it is :)

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#7]
Very nice.

Cheers,

Ryan

GfK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Looks good, but I have to agree with Vorderman. "Sneak Behind" sounds like some sort of drunken gay-bar antics. Not that I'd know about such things. rsbrowndog told me.

:-)

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#9]
lol GfK, nice one. Well, we'll have to think about it...

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#10]
"Silent But Deadly"?

Great work BTW.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#11]
"Silent But Deadly"?

Cue fart gags

Rob(Posted 2003) [#12]
http://www.homestarrunner.com/sneakvideo.html

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#13]
Nice graphics :D

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#14]
VERY cool shots; one of best Blitz games of this type / genre I've seen so far... good work!

we wrote a document of about 10 pages with information about Tatra Mountains (Poland), where the actions takes places, real photos of the zone, maps, information about the characters that will appear on this mission, the weapons, the objectives, etc

It almost looks like you have done a "design doc" - very good! Thinking things through before hitting the coding / modeling is the right way to do things... saves time and nerves :P

gameproducer(Posted 2003) [#15]
looking nice.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#16]
Looks very nice - almost too nice :) what antialiasing is that, realtime or postedited? However - very professional Leveldesign.

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#17]
what antialiasing is that, realtime or postedited?
It has been rendered in Blitz in realtime, with no post-edit effects. If you mean the black edges around many objects, they have been drawn on the texture itself (we saw that in XIII, and gives cool results). It can't be done over all textures, because of texture tiling, but some textures that are not tiled look very good with this effect.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#18]
No, I am really talking about antialiasing, or the lack of "pixel-stairways". Usually the shape of things is not blurred but "stair-ish" unless hardware antialiasing is activated by some cards. But this could also be the result of rescaling the image. If you took the screens in a higher resoltution and then scaled it down, it usually blures the contours as well.

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#19]
Excellent looking level.
'Sneak Behind' could be translated to Castellano as
'Culo Chivato' - perhaps a change might be a good idea !

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#20]
OI GFK!!!! LOL!!!

I actually like the title "Sneak Behind", plus you already have a snazzy logo and everything so it would be a shame to waste it!

Looking forward to seeing more of this...

Cheers,

Ryan

Panno(Posted 2003) [#21]
u are a profi ! looks cool man !

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#22]
@Smiff:

The translation to castellano would better be 'Infiltrarse por detrás' :)

Thank you all for your kindly comments! :D

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#23]
Oh jfk! Maybe that's because we took that screenshot at 1280x960 screen res, and scaled them down.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#24]
The translation to castellano would better be 'Infiltrarse por detrás' :)
...except "infiltrarse" looks like an amalgamation of "infiltrate" and "arse"... which is just as bad as "Sneak Behind". If not worse. :)
one of best Blitz games of this type / genre I've seen so far... good work!
No offence to Jedive, but, how can you possibly say that based on a handful of screenshots?

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#25]

'Infiltrarse por detrás'

"To infiltrate from behind"

LOL - Yes that's a title that will instantly cause a certain amount of tension !

one of best Blitz games of this type / genre I've seen so far... good work!

I think he means best LOOKING games !

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#26]
Yhe problem is that we started planning Sneak Behind some years ago, and now its name sounds completely natural to us. A name change would make us feel very strange, like if we were making a different game.

But we'll have to think a lot about it, cos it's having a lot of criticism.

Uhfgood(Posted 2003) [#27]
I want to see this thing in action, when do we get to see a demo?

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#28]
and now its name sounds completely natural to us. A name change would make us feel very strange, like if we were making a different game.

How lucky then that you didn't use worse "work title" then like "Hairy Balls" or something... :P "But now the 'Hairy Balls' sounds so natural to us, and--"

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#29]
I want to see this thing in action, when do we get to see a demo?
The game is far from a demo release yet.

Uhfgood(Posted 2003) [#30]
shoot we don't need to play the game, just a tech demo would be fine, i mean it looks really great

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2003) [#31]
Looks pretty good, but have to agree Sneak Behind doesn't seem like a good title for this sort of game. I mean it's cel shaded, but still it looks like a stylized type not the cheesy type and Sneak Behind sounds a bit cheesy. Changing it to another language seems like it would work though. You need a sexy name to match the sexy graphics ;)

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#32]
We have finished the first weapon, the Steyr IWS sniper rifle. Here is a shot of the real weapon:

And here some shots of the modelled weapon:

Red Ocktober(Posted 2004) [#33]
ooooooooooo... lookin' gooooood J...

hey, are you mixing two styles here... a lil fps MOH type rendering (the dark hall and stairway), with a lil bit of toon type cell shading of sorts....

whichever, the results so far are very nice.

--Mike

darklordz(Posted 2004) [#34]
xiii

Mustang(Posted 2004) [#35]
Cool weapon, insane caliber: 15.2mm! Nice model too, but you missed the knob and rear leg on the back though :P

angel martinez(Posted 2004) [#36]
Joder Jedive,esas imagenes son buenisimas.Magnifico trabajo.
Un saludo.

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#37]
Muchas gracias, Angel. Un saludo ;)

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#38]
Man, am I the only one who can't see this stuff? Red x's here. Same with Jedive's sig. All other pictures appear fine. I have a feeling my security software doesn't like Jedive's server for some crazy reason.

Dirk Krause(Posted 2004) [#39]
Great levels! How did you acchieve the glowing vents in the 4th picture? How is the process of using Quark and BSP Factory together?

Regards,
Dirk

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#40]
Might be something to do with your Hosts file anthony?

JaviCervera(Posted 2004) [#41]
Man, am I the only one who can't see this stuff? Red x's here. Same with Jedive's sig. All other pictures appear fine. I have a feeling my security software doesn't like Jedive's server for some crazy reason.
Ey, that's strange... check if you can enter www.galeon.com, which is where my webpage is hosted.
Great levels! How did you acchieve the glowing vents in the 4th picture? How is the process of using Quark and BSP Factory together?
In fact is a texture painted to give that effect. To use a Quark BSP with BSP Factory, just compile the BSP in Half-Life format. Download the BSP Factory demo, it contains help. Maybe it would be better to wait until tomorrow, were version 1.1 should be released.

Anthony Flack(Posted 2004) [#42]
Nope, I can't :o(

Hosts file? Explain how!

Ross C(Posted 2004) [#43]
Hey, search for a file on your computer called a HOSTS file. Make a backup of it, then delete the orginal file. See if that helps :)

It's a file that stops some sites or domains from appearing on your computer. I had this trouble with Gamespot.com :)