3DBO - Alpha

Community Forums/Showcase/3DBO - Alpha

JoeRetro(Posted 2003) [#1]
My current game (3D Breakout) has entered alpha stage and I would like to ask all you kind people here if you could please give me some feedback. Any form or fashion will do :)

A few pointers about the game:

System requirements:

500 MHZ Intel or AMD Processor
Windows 98/ME/2000/XP
DirectX 7.0 or newer MUST be installed
Direct3D compatible video card

Press 'spacebar' to switch between you/computer playing.
Press 'c' to change camera modes (used for testing)

You'll notice in the upper left corner a number (60/6754). This represents FPS/TRIS (Frames per second / triangles per frame)

Try to give me a detail analysis about the game. What you liked about it, what you didn't like. How it ran on your computer system. How did you like the sound effects, music, general game play and any other suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

http://www.webappstogo.com/3dbreakout/3dbo_alpha.zip

Al Mackey(Posted 2003) [#2]
Well I've always had a soft spot for Breakout games. This was a lot of fun except sometimes things would happen (explosions, flases, movement) and I wasn't sure why. You could really use a screen that shows what all the drop-down bonuses do, and what the cannon at the top is all about.

The only bug I noticed was that it gave me a Memory Access Violation when I hit the right mousebutton after I died.

JoeRetro(Posted 2003) [#3]
Hey Al,

Thanks for replying. I fixed the nasty right mouse button click when the game ends.

I will definitely have a guide to playing the game prior to release. I will have better detailed textures for all the gotcha's and powerups. Trying to write the game yourself covering all the departments, ie, code, graphics, sound and music can become a hugh task in itself (of course you know this with your recent release). :)