Platform no4

Community Forums/Showcase/Platform no4

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#1]
Major update on one of my older platform games. Code cleanup, Bugfixes, Extra effects, Gameplay tweaks, more resolutions, mario style kills, and new player animations.

Are there any ideas for new features? I was thinking of adding bosses that can spawn baddies and points that fly from hitting baddies. Or should I add more weapons, and what kind? Spiderman web slinging is also on my mind.

Anyway, the source is included and here is the link :

http://nebula.woppy.net/blitz/platformer.zip

Caff(Posted 2003) [#2]
Hehe cool, I like.

More weapons, yes, plus power-ups for jumping higher?

Perhaps have some kind of tricks and traps? trampolines and stuff.

Also how about scenery objects that you don't collide with?

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#3]
Your game shouldn't happen to bear a political message? (It's probably just me being paranoid)

Anyway, quite funny, and good stickman!

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#4]
Those are good ideas Caff. The one for the scenery I would have not thought about myself any time soon.

I will start making a effect system that can make adding new stuff simple. As for one way of higher jumping, I have just added a basic rope in the new uploaded version that the character can use that will have effect on jumps and gravity. Still pretty basic though since it can only be thrown straight up.

@eBusiness
Nope, the theme is not a conspiracy idea or so. Drawing characters takes time and skill and the current pictures I thought were funny.

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#5]
*Bump*

This new tileset took me like forever to make.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#6]
is it really hrad to code a 2d platform game?
looks good BTW.,
perhaps a few boulders along the bottom to break it up visually? Like on sonic

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#7]
Its quite hard to code one. But once you master the mechanics it gets dead easy. What I have in this game can be coded from the ground up in 2 days or so.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#8]
pheww thats fast. I was going to try or anything, but its good to know anyway