Test my 2D quad game AGAIN!

Community Forums/Showcase/Test my 2D quad game AGAIN!

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#1]

Download Demo HERE!(900k)

This version is much improved thanks to the comment and suggestions in the last topic ( http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=28089 ).

Changes:

Added the Green Ogre guy.

Removed duel surfaces, using Alphamaps instead (much easier), should make it more compatible, should fix MasterBeaker's problem with the black rectangles.

Reduced VMEM usaged by over 50%, mainly due to tiling of background and removal of duel surfaces. Demo will run on 8MB cards now.

Added Tween frame timing, locked a frame rate of 45.

All these improvements should improve the low FPS reported by some people. Please test and say if its any better.

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#2]
link doesn't work...

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#3]
I hate case sensitive URL's :(.... FIX.

EOF(Posted 2003) [#4]
I got it working with
http://www.jabawokie.ukgamers.net/Jester_3d_new.zip

Tested. No issues here. Stays at 45fps.
Vimem used: 4.10MB
Specs below.

Bouncer(Posted 2003) [#5]
Works fine ...and looks good,but I would like to see it fullscreen and without a framelimit. Now you can't really say how it runs.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#6]
Ok added the option to play in full or window mode and to use frame timing or not.

koekjesbaby(Posted 2003) [#7]
works fine, but maybe you shouldn't include you thumbs.db files in the zip. seems like a waste of space.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#8]
That sorted my problem. What did you do before and in the new one?

CyBeRGoth(Posted 2003) [#9]
FPS : 60 FPS (Fullscreen, my refresh is set to 60)
Mem Used : 2.01 Meg

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#10]
230 fps fullscreen but theres a blue flicker at the top in both sync modes.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2003) [#11]
John devoy:

230fps ? that seems far to fast.. i doubt you've got a refresh of 230.

Must be that you have vsync disabled or what ever, heres an exract from the docs:

However, it is worth noting that this setting applies to the graphics card only, and some graphics cards allow the user to disable the vertical blank event. Therefore, if you rely on Flip alone, the display may be corrupted on certain setups. The VWait command may be useful to you in this respect, as it forces the CPU to wait for the vertical blank (as opposed to the graphics card), and this cannot be disabled. Hence true silky smooth updates are best achieved using "VWait : Flip False".

So using the Vwait : Flip False should fix that problem.

MasterB:
I recon your card just doesnt support more than 1 surface on an entity, It now uses just 1 surface and i use the alphamap feature of .png's instead.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#12]
Coffee - I've not had any problems before (with alpha, masking, surfaces etc), so it must've been something you were doing that no-one else does. :P

What tho?

smilertoo(Posted 2003) [#13]
yes, 230 without vsync and my monitors 60fps with vsync.

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#14]
works fine for me.

Panno(Posted 2003) [#15]
1.56 mb
45 frames