UPX Shell v1.0.0 (Final) I Think...

Community Forums/Showcase/UPX Shell v1.0.0 (Final) I Think...

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#1]
UPX Shell 1.0.0 Released

When i created 1.0.0 the protect feature wasnt workign so i downgraded the version to 0.0.9... Ive worked for a couple of hours now and i finaly finished it! you can now Protect your file from beeing decompressed!!!!!!

Support for Version :

have fun...

Version 1.0.0
- Protect Files From Decompression for v1.0.0...

http://www.balpoint.com/files/apps/blpnt.c/UPX%20Shell/UPX.Shell.v1.0.0.by.darklordz.exe

Paradox7(Posted 2003) [#2]

gameproducer(Posted 2003) [#3]
Looks cool... What is this? File compressor...? :)

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#4]
This is a frontend for upx (http://upx.sf.net) with tons of special features....

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
Have you given this utility to them so the entire internet at large can benefit from it? I'm sure they'll appreciate it!

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#6]
@Rob > Yep I did....
How do u like my protect feature....Im lovin it so far. no more hasseling around with hexeditors.....

darklordz(Posted 2003) [#7]
Did anyone that tested this have 'font' problems. Cuz i just tried it on my other machine and the UPX Shell information dialog uses Terminal 6 but it displayed itself 2 small....if anyone else has this issue i will change the font....

Apollonius(Posted 2003) [#8]
@darklordz
I don't wana sound stupid but what is it?

I have doubts but I think its something to pack and compress resources to the .exe of the game but I'm really not sure, and I didn't download it yet.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#9]
Nah. not resources. the exe itself. it unpacks itself at about 10 MBs per second on runtime. Blitz 3d programs go down to about 450K-500K(maybe more)

Michael Reitzenstein(Posted 2003) [#10]
How do u like my protect feature....Im lovin it so far. no more hasseling around with hexeditors.....

I believe this is in violation of the UPX terms of service. The rest of it, though, is very cool!