Paid Job for Modelers

Community Forums/Showcase/Paid Job for Modelers

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
I'm putting together some prefab packs for Cartography Shop 4, and am would like to hire some artists to make more prefabs. These are like the "static meshes" in Unreal 2 that add detail to levels.

Post your work here is interested.

-A pack should consist of at least about 6 models.

-They need to be high-quality, around 600-2400 polys, depending on the model. If you are good, you know it, if not, don't hope I will like your cube with a smaller cube stuck to it.

-One person needs to make the entire theme. I can't accept a bunch of random models that don't fit together.

-I could pay you once for complete rights to them, after which I would probably post them for downloading to use with CShop. Or I could sell them on my site and pay you royalties. I get a lot of traffic, and you can make real money.

-Needed themes include Egyptian, Roman, Sci-fi, industrial, medieval, or anything you think would make a good set.

- I won't consider textures unless you already have a pack made, or have some really good examples of past work. If you are good, you know it. Please don't send me crappy photoshop filtered pictures of concrete.

Here are some examples of prefabs that have been made:

A plants package I am putting together. This is what I mean by high-quality.

This is part of a "Five Bedroom Sets" package.

Some Sci-fi prefabs I made in the style of Unreal 2.

Some nice industrial prefabs.

Filax(Posted 2003) [#2]
Realy nice !

ErikT(Posted 2003) [#3]
Out of curiosity..

Do you mean at least 6 models with a collection of separate textures to go or just the models? Assuming the former, how many textures would be adequate for the pack? What would you be willing to pay (rough estimate) for the job?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#4]
They'll probably need 'skins' but if you can use an existing texture that I have, and it looks good, that's okay too.

Email - josh@... - if you are serious about it and want to talk money.

Bot Builder(Posted 2003) [#5]
whoah! To bad I can't model.... ;)

gameproducer(Posted 2003) [#6]
okay Mr. Dot :) I'll ask our modeler if he could be interested in... (don't know if it's the right style - but I ask)

NTense(Posted 2003) [#7]
What format are you wanting models in Josh?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#8]
josh(okay if i get formal, you have so many aliases?) you really should post your stuff on the gamedev boards, seriously i posted on there and got a few top artist immediately wanting to help me.

ps just post what you have done ie cshop link, your fps engine demo etc and what you are trying to acheive and i reckon they'll be queueing up.
sorry if you already and ignore my post.