Trike Racers screenshots

Community Forums/Showcase/Trike Racers screenshots

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#1]
Screenshots of the newest version of my tricycle game, now renamed from "TriCycle Racers" to "Trike Racers", demo of old version here:

Comments/improvements welcome

starfox(Posted 2003) [#2]
Very cool, I hope you fixed the gravity issue;)

Dynamo(Posted 2003) [#3]
Graphics look pretty good. The racers remind me of South Park characters :)

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#4]
I especially like the nighttime one. Looking great.

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#5]
Yeah if you mean gravity were not time dependant. It will now run at the same speed on any machine.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#6]
looks very nice! is that a track editor on the upper left side?

Jeppe Nielsen(Posted 2003) [#7]
Yes it is a track editor build into the game. It uses bezier splines to build the track. You drag the cubes to form the track as you like.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#8]
Well, looks good, but: Tricycles don't go sideways, they tilt, ther is a shortcut in the demo, dope makes you go off the track, I get a kind of bar on the lower part of the screen when running 640x480 (nV GF 3 ti 200).

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#9]
I get a bar in 640x480x16 too.. in 32 bit it's fine though (gf3ti200)

Personally I didn't think much of this, but then I don't like Mario Cart either and I'd certainly put it in the same bracket. So if you're aiming for a mario cart game I guess it's really good.

Also you can bomb yourself if you drop a mine going down a steep hill.

And if you use the speed up going up a steep hill the camera goes underneith the track

JoeRetro(Posted 2003) [#10]
Personally I didn't think much of this, but then I don't like Mario Cart either and I'd certainly put it in the same bracket. So if you're aiming for a mario cart game I guess it's really good.

Geeez....The guy was proud to show you something that he spent many long, hours on. How bout a little respect?

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#11]
Well, i've not downloaded it, but i think Dr Av is entitied to his opinion. It's what makes this board cool :p

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#12]
What I say is of the utmost respect to Jeppe. I don't like this style of game, there's nothing wrong with not liking a style. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing.

Further to this I put forward suggestions to improve it to remove bugs so people who enjoy this kind of game can enjoy it more. I have benefited from what sometimes seems harsh criticism of my work.

This I feel is certainly more constructive that saying "Hey wow man, really cool" regardless of your actual thoughts.