Lousy racing game

Community Forums/Showcase/Lousy racing game

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just wanted to show it, think it got room for expansion, but on a good day it can probably entertain you for about 15 minutes.

Edit:
Oh, and get it from my sites as usual.

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#2]
If only you didn't have to restart every time you hit the grass...Grrrr :)

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#3]
Ya, you got to wach where you are driving, but maybe a slowdown could do, after all, it is a pretty harsh way to make you stay on the track. On the other hand, it's the only thing that make the game hard, hmmm...

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
11.045 :)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#5]
10.88 :))

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#6]
8.878 :P

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#7]
whoa, i don't think i'll be able to beat that, without modifying the source :D (j/k)

sswift(Posted 2003) [#8]
9.809. I don't see how anyone could get 8.878.

Odds On(Posted 2003) [#9]
how about 8.598? :) You really have to trim the edges on those first 2 corners.

Dynamo(Posted 2003) [#10]
I got 8.635 after much practice... Chris is right, cut close on the first corners and at the 3rd and 4th corners kinda cut straight across :) Goes to show that no game is too simple to kick ass :D

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#11]
Thx, made 8.598 too. Have a new version now, a lot beautier and with support for for multiple levels. Think the level-image processing is pretty cool, makes it easy to make your own levels. It's pretty much obvious how to make a level, but: Must be 640x480x24 bmp, green is finish line, and first waypoint. Red is second waypoint and blue third, all must be present and will show up as pavement, exept the finish line. Yellow dot is start pos (always facing left), and dark blue dot is upper left corner of info box. Only one level available for now.

And right, some time spend figuring out the optimal curves might be a good investement.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#12]
Version 0.2 released, a total of four tracks, and a framerate up to 50 fps.

Dynamo(Posted 2003) [#13]
Cool man, I'll be sure to download it and give it a try :)

Rimmsy(Posted 2003) [#14]
I like the controls. They remind of a this: http://generally.cjb.net/

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#15]
Hmmm, nice to get some inspiration. Thx.

By the way, been thinking about opponents, but I can't really imagine how collisions should work, and if there is no collisions, is there then any need for opponents? Two player mode should of course be implemented.

Think I'll try to include an alternate car sometime.

Imphenzia(Posted 2003) [#16]
I haven't looked through the code, but are people getting better times at higher refresh rates or is it being accounted for? :)

Also, damn it, a CTCC competitor =)

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#17]
It's fine, don't worry. Actually, the game is always running at 50 Hz, but, before it render the screen it check if it's behind scedule, if it is, it'll skip a frame. So it's only a visual difference. :)