character stuff

Community Forums/Showcase/character stuff

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#1]
been working on this skin stuff over at Polycount for the past week. been great fun so far.
have n't rerally had time to do any blitz stuff lately which is a shame.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#2]
Nice!

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thnks mustang
the only thing I am having problems with is detailing. I am good at getting the form/colors, but adding dirt/rust etc I suck at.

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#4]
Great! It could use a few shadows where the straps etc. meet the suit! Especially the highlight at the holes in the stockings look wrong.

Perhaps the groin light is a bit over the top :)

Ricky Smith(Posted 2003) [#5]
I wish I had talent like that ! Excellent model and I quite like that futuristic chastity belt !

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#6]
That's really good, I'm in the middle of creating a model at the moment for my next project, that one would be damn near perfect for it! Oh well... back to the grind!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#7]
great!

poopla(Posted 2003) [#8]
I have two artists working for me who can do that quality of work! Awesome model/texture. I think she has a good.... erm... shape ;)

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#9]
Looks very nice :)

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#10]
yeah I am going to get rid of a few of the red lights. just to mention, the concept is by hawprey, model by bobo the seal. there a lots of people doing differnet versions of the skin, this my effort.
Its a bit s&m looking, not my sort of thing , but the model is so nice I had to give it a go

dr av if it was my model I would have let you use it in your project.
thanks for the comments guys too.

fredborg, I will be working on correcting the more obvious faults, like the stocking holes and other bits and pieces soon.

Dock(Posted 2003) [#11]
Ruz, your skin stuff is awesome as always. You really have a great knack for this. Sugoi~! ^_^

Kudos to the model maker too, his models are excellent.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#12]
Thanks dock
the model is nice, but the way he unwrapped it is a bit weird. I would love to correct it for him, but because he is one of the most respected guys on the site, its hard to speak up sometimes.
its been like fitting a big jigsaw puzzle together

Tom(Posted 2003) [#13]
Hi,

Quality texturing work!

Few Questions:

Do you use pen or mouse?
What paint proggy, PS?
Did you paint the face from scratch, or work off a photo?

Cheers!
Tom

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#14]
cheers tom. To answer your questions
all my stuff is painted from scratch in pshop 6 using a wacom graphic tablet. I use photos for reference , but rarely photo source, mainly when doing level textures.

I use the smudge tool a lot, easiest way to build up dense colour quickly.

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#15]
the face looks real ! ...

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#16]
quick update .new face is a bit weid , will go back to the old one

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#17]
I do not like the model much, not that it is simple or so but it is not my style. However the face image is very nice. The eyes and nose are done very well.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#18]
ah well can't please everyone. to be honest though its not the sort of model I would do normally

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#19]
Wow! Excellent work Mike!

That is one very nice piece of work - how long to achieve this much so far?

Is this warrior going to be seen in B3d at some stage? I just wonder how the body will change shape if she ever does grace our screens in a B3d prog?

I thought you had been quiet lately! He he he!

IPete2.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#20]
cheers man.
actually its an sdk for ut2004. no chance of it appearing in blitz I am afraid . well, i could bung it in there for fun though.
started the skin on tuesday i think it was. should finish it this weekend hopefully.

ErikT(Posted 2003) [#21]
The nose on the new skin looks wierd I think. The nose tip looks too fat and the skin over the nostrils (whatever that area's called) is too small. The nose also seems a bit long because the tip 'highlight' on the skin sits so far down on the mesh's nose tip. Er, if you know what I mean :) The rest of the skin looks cool, tho' maybe a bit flat.

The top facial skin is extremely impressive! How long did it take you?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#22]
Pixel 345,287 looks bad - but it's ok your a noobie ;)

To be honest - I am very implessed. I am not talking about the girl, if I like her or if I think the nipplethingies are kinda hanging. It's the model quality. I just try to imagine how this would look with an additional Normalmap that gives some bumpmapped detailed shadows. Or in other words: how "flat" would doom3 models look without bumpmapping?

Even some simple Mesh Shading will be ok for this excellent Model.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#23]
Yeah erik I have been putting it right tonight. its a bit weird because the way the modeller has done the nose is a bit misleading, but I have it sussed now.
I still think the face proportions are a bit off, but I can only skin whats there.the face took about 10-12 hours, bit more if you include fiddling around.

jfk, the model is top notch,I agree, not perfect but pretty damn good .actually the sdk did come with normal maps too.
also you are right if you just block out the colours in the model its still looks nice, probably better he eh

ErikT(Posted 2003) [#24]
@jfk:
Well it's when the stuff is as good as this you gotta nit-pick :)

elseano(Posted 2003) [#25]
Wow, nice!
What did you use to make it?

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#26]
Awesome! The detail on that mans head is amazing. And the lady is very cool as well.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#27]
He's said VERY clearly that he used pshop6 with a wacom.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#28]
not too far from being finished now.

Dave(Posted 2003) [#29]
looks great! What's this going to be used for?

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#30]
ut2004 community character release hopefully, thats if bobo decides to use it

Rob(Posted 2003) [#31]
have you considered skinning for money? I am not so hot at the skinning process.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#32]
I am have considered doing lots of things for money rob he he.I don't look good in spandex though

just kidding.
I did work as a texture artist in the industry for a short while, looking to get back in the new year