Final Demon

Community Forums/Showcase/Final Demon

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hey guys. We've touched up the model and made him scarier :)

Check it out:

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#2]
For some reason the pics are darker when i post them. Strange...

[EDIT] backround now grey :) EDIT]

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#3]
Forgot to mention, could i have your final thoughts please? It would mean alot. thanks!

Rob(Posted 2003) [#4]
looks scary and cuddly and blue :)

simonh(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looks great. Chin looks a little loose though :)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#6]
I'd say don't use black as a background colour. The standard colour for model renders is a middle grey (128,128,128) Then people can actually see the outline of the model. The picture is dark as it is so the background doesn't help.

I think the model looks a lot better than your first version. The only thing I really don't like it the mouth. It just look stupid, how on earth is he meant to close it? His teeth would never meet so there is no way he can bite or chew things. I also think the feet look a bit like clowns shoes but a lot of that has been sorted out with the new texture.

Of course a lot of this is my opinion. I'd say that you should be your own judge. If you are happy with it then go for it. However i find that when I work on 3d stuff I become more objective if I take a few days off a model and then look at it with fresh eyes.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#7]
Hey, thanks for the commenst, very much appreciated :)

Are the feet too long? And also, can anyone elaborate on the mouth. I know that it won't shut probably, but he's a demon and is more of a distortion of a human.

I like this web-site forum and it's community for it's very honest and helpful critisims, that is why i ask :)

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#8]
I like this web-site forum and it's community for it's very honest and helpful critisims, that is why i ask :)

I prefer people to be honest than just say - yeah its great. You're a god :) Constructive critisism is the only way to improve.

Here is a quick photoshop of how I think the monster should look (well... some ideas anyway :)

The mouth is quite a bit smaller (although still large), kind of monkey like. In fact I made him hairy (monkey like all round). I chickened out of the hands and gave him a clenched fist :) Mainly cause i couldn't get the long fingers to look good (I hate drawing hands).

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#9]

I prefer people to be honest than just say - yeah its great. You're a god :) Constructive critisism is the only way to improve.

Yep, definetly. I'm here to learn and listen to people. We'll probably be bugging the blitz community soon, again, for our/his next model :)

Hey, that looks quite nice. The mouth would probably suit being put on our one, and the feet are nice. I'm waiting to see what my artist friend has came up with. Nice drawing btw :)

Thanks for your time man! I'll post back soon with the model. Thanks again :)

Doggie(Posted 2003) [#10]
Yeah, I don't like it either when people say to me
"You're a God". Of course, no one ever does say that
to me. I accept it though when they say "You're a dog."

Doggie

PS The models getting better but I agree about the mouth.
It isn't right. Shorten it.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#11]
I think, for a demon who feasts on souls and virgin blood (or something), its strange that from the side he looks like a famine victim.

He needs more volume - especially in the forearms and legs. Also, the mouth is too big (probably explains why he's built like a stick, if he has trouble eating). :)

Maybe you could draw some inspiration from fantasy art? I'd recommend a look around Boris Vallejo's site.

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#12]
Hi Ross

It looks scarier than the original one ! :)
how about red eyes ? the body looks a bit
too human to me ... the hair looks good, the feet look good,
the side view might look like he is off balance
proportion wise but i'm not sure ...that's my 5 cents !~ lol

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#13]
Hey guys, thanks! I've shortened the mouth and the feet. My modeller friend is just adding some wee things. :)

lol@Gfk, tee-hee, that does explain it yes ;)

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#14]
its strange that from the side he looks like a famine victim.

You could think of him as a constantly hungry demon, never satisfied with his last kill, he must feast continuously.

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#15]
Hehe, plz look back at the first post of mine on this thread. I think this will be the final model we will be going with :D Thanks for your suggestion and critisims! Any more are very welcome :)

Oh and thanks for the link Gfk :)

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#16]
That's loads better, I think it's ready to bite someones head off now.

GfK(Posted 2003) [#17]
That's loads better, I think it's ready to bite someones head off now
Don't be silly... its mouth isn't big enough.

Any chance you could make it bigger, Ross? :)

(j/k)

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#18]
<quote> You could think of him as a constantly hungry demon, never satisfied with his last kill, he must feast continuously. </quote>

it has high metabolism - lol

BHoltzman(Posted 2003) [#19]
Needs to have burnt flesh hanging from its mouth and claws!
That's scary looking.

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#20]
we should have a scary monster competition lol

Ross C(Posted 2003) [#21]
Hehehe, your all nuts :) Thanks alot for your help and suggestions and for help make this a better model :o)

Worth it's wait in gold this community. Cheers guy!