Cod2Doc released!

Community Forums/Showcase/Cod2Doc released!

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#1]

After 4 months of development, Blitz Basic has now a full-featured tool to document source code: Cod2Doc!

Cod2Doc is a documentation generator which parses Blitz Basic source files (Blitz 3D, Blitz Plus, Blitz 2D) and produces a set of documentation files in html describing variables, types and functions. Cod2Doc has a lot of features: choice of layout/style/language, special tags, automatic links, code highlighting, special file format, nice interface and much more!...

Please visit the Cod2Doc web site where you can:
- download Cod2Doc (come with help files to start quickly),
- find the description of Cod2Doc and a complete list of features,
- see some examples/tutorials,
- ask questions/post comments.

You can use Cod2Doc without any restriction (personal, freeware or commercial projects). The main concern of the author is that the Blitz community uses this tool, so please, TRY IT!!!
This program relies on the principle of donation. If you use this program and find it useful, then you might consider sending a donation to the author (from 5 to 15 euros/dollars).

Please try it and give me your opinion!

skidracer(Posted 2003) [#2]
My project includes 50+ files, anychance Cod2Doc could handle include files?

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#3]
Cod2Doc can handle include files as well (as long as they are .bb files). I assume that your 50+ includes files are located in subdirectories where is located your main source file. So, in the general tab of the GUI, you just have to check the box "Include all subdirectories", and Cod2Doc will document all .bb files contained in these subdirectories.
The index file will then contains a link to all the documentation of the include files.

When Cod2Doc meets an include file in the source, it puts a links to the documentation of this include file.

So include files should not be a problem ;) Try it and tell me...

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#4]
The program told me to to tell you the limit of 1000 *.bb files was reached.

Any chance you can easily increase it?

edit : btw, could you take out the a:/ check? It pops up a lot. Everyone has a floppy drive and if they do not they would not press it.

I like the program so far.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#5]
1000 .bb files!!!!! Wahou, I was sure nobody could document so much files in one round!!!!
It's very easy to increment this limit in the program!! I will do it tonight (european time) and upload the new version (and send a post here when done).

I guess 10000 would be enough ;) ???!!!

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#6]
I have 2200 files in this years folder. So 10.000 would be enough. But if you can a higher amount would be better.

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#7]
looks great and very useful - hope you get loads of users

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#8]
@Nebula: I have uploaded the version with a limit at 10000 files. Hoping that it will be enough ;)
By the way, how is the result on your 1000+ files??

@Yappy: thanks for your very good Xlnt which makes Cod2Doc better!!

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#9]
The message is gone :). But the program locks up somewhere in the process.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#10]
What do you mean by "locks up"? The program freezes doing nothing?? Could you be more precise to help me to understand. Thanks!

Nebula(Posted 2003) [#11]
The program just does not respond anymore. I also tried to process a single directory of only 700 bb files and this also locks the program.

I could send you the zip file of the folder that causes the error. 457 kb ace file. Let me know if that is needed.

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#12]
Nebula, yes, please, send me the folder which causes the error (at repeatuntil@...). I haven't 700 .bb files to reproduce myself the problem ;)
By the way, at the same occasion, you can also send me the source file alphablending.bb to see what's wrong with that (related to your post on Blitzcoder), unless my explanation I gave you was enough to solve the problem.
Thanks!

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#13]
Hi there,

I think some of you have already tried Cod2Doc (if not, what are you waiting for? ;-). I would be *veeery* happy to hear your opinion, how it works on your files, the difficulty you encountered, etc...

Looking forward to hear from you!!