Match Blocks

Community Forums/Showcase/Match Blocks

starfox(Posted 2003) [#1]
Can you guys give me your honest opinion(tweeks, improvements, bugs, etc..) of this game. This is a 10 min per use demo.

Download Here

Thanks!

WolRon(Posted 2003) [#2]
I hope its not the release demo :)

Rob(Posted 2003) [#3]
It works well, it plays well and it feels complete. It isn't what I call polished - I would have beefed the graphics, but that said it's easy to play :)

Jeremy Alessi(Posted 2003) [#4]
I think it's nice. The graphics work for me.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#5]
It's far too hard to predict what will happen, but you can play it withoutthinking about what happens, so just bomb away. The predicting needs to bee more simple, however the the player should need to think. And if you support bigger resolutions, give the player something for choosing such one. Think you have a potentially good game.

starfox(Posted 2003) [#6]
Thanks guys,

I plan on having a little bit more graphics.

eBusiness:
In the beginning levels, it is very easy, easy enough to understand the game concept, but as the game progresses, it becomes harder to make combinations, and you will have to think more. Also you can change the resolution, but the game board doesn't get any bigger.

Anyone else have any comments?

starfox(Posted 2003) [#7]
[bump]

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#8]
Just though a bigger res would make the game better rendered, just skip the res setting, can't find a use for it. It's hard to tell how your game is by your demo.

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#9]
I got down to 0 bombs, but the game didn't end.

starfox(Posted 2003) [#10]
Perturbatio:
You have three types of bombs (black, medium blue, light blue), are all your bombs 0?

eBusiness:
I guess I'll just keep it since people might like to look at the game from a larger resolution, and sorry for the short demo, but I guess I keep it here so that people will want to buy the full version, when it is released.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#11]
I think you need to alter the gameplay, I suggest small bombs only removing one tile, combined with a minimum of four squares for removing blocks. Well, maybe someone else will love it.