Trio - - Pure mind challenge

Community Forums/Showcase/Trio - - Pure mind challenge

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#1]
Originally a game made by Torensoft Consulting back in 1993, because this game somtimes not let the user score maximum points, wich is very annoying, I decided to make a new version. It is much like the old version, but do not have this unfortunate bug. You are to find 24 sets of three cards that mach as fast as possible, it is fairly hard, but fun, and hitting the high score list will soon become the players goal. Download it at my site.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#2]
Nobody seems to be interested, or they just don't bother to tell me. Guess it's because they all think it's freaking dumb game, go on, just tell me, I only spend a weekend doing it anyway.

Big&(Posted 2003) [#3]
Cant get on your site. It keeps timing out.. :(

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#4]
Sorry, first I deleted the old file because I had fixed a bug, but then the site went crappy, and I couldn't upload anything, It's at my alter site now, and hopefully soon on my 1st site.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#5]
I highly respect simple and addictive Games. In the same time I don't download anything without a nice presentation, at least some screenshots and a how2play4dummies.

And if you really think the game is addictive, then try to sell it to the masses. Are you shure you won't get copyright troubles?

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#6]
Sorry about the presentation, the rules come with the game.

About copyright, wanted to contact the company and ask, but I couln't find them, searced for their homepage, none. Tryed the mailadress supplied with the original, gone. Pretty shure the company doesn't exist anymore, neither any name of a person was mentioned in the game credits.

My game fixes a score bug that have been irritating me for years, furthermore it got better graphics.

You alway have 12 cards to choose from, all cards have four properties (colour, number of figures, shape of figures, shading of figures), each property can be three different things.
You need to find 3 cards. These must in state of each property be either all the same or all different, eg. the colour, you must find a red, a green and blue card, or three cards of the same colour. For the same three cards the three remaining properties must be in the same way.

Think it's better explained in the game.
There is a screenshot in the gallery.

robleong(Posted 2003) [#7]
Well done on programming the game! However, you could consider jazzing up the graphics a little...

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#8]
But how? Hmm... Suggestions welcome, will music evetually help?

By the way, I'm thinking about adding an extra property for an expert mode, and removing one for beginner mode, especially the beginner mode could be usefull, for intoducing new players.

eBusiness(Posted 2003) [#9]
First gameplay update, easy mode now available, only containing filled figures. This should make it easier to get into the game. Only available at the alter site (FreeWebs is really crappy, problems again)

NoBoDo(Posted 2004) [#10]
Your version of Trio is a very good game.
However, if you're worried about copyright infringement...

Torensoft copied the game Trio from a game named 'Set'.
The game 'Set' is available at game stores as a card game, but the company also has daily online competitions, and has a PC/Mac version of the game for sale.

Take a look at
http://www.setgame.com/
http://www.setgame.com/set/index.html
and play the online version:
http://www.setgame.com/set/puzzle_frame.htm

Mark.