XLnt ii stuff...

Community Forums/Showcase/XLnt ii stuff...

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#1]
its been a while but there is a new update available for registered users - go get v1.3 now! It contains text Block selection and manipulation amongst other things :)

if you haven't registered then please take a look at the demo - oh, added an offline order form too!

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#2]
Hoorah - That's really cool Stew. Thanks

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#3]
oh - the Editor is ready now! Go get that too :)

poopla(Posted 2003) [#4]
You should put a link to XLNT II in your sig, where do I go to purchase this?

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#5]
doh! forgot about the sig

XLnt HomePage

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#6]
Great! I was expecting this version so impatiently!! I will try it as soon as possible! Thanks.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#7]
The editor looks great so far!

Kanati(Posted 2003) [#8]
my project blew up... quite nicely too, when I tried to drop 1.3 into place. I had to roll back to 1.2. I'll give it another shot today sometime maybe.

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#9]
email me Kanati and i'll try to help ;)

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#10]
Hi Yappy,

I have installed Xlnt 1.3 in Cod2Doc and everything is fine up to now. I have however a question (maybe I didn't read carefully enough the doc): is it possible to tell to a text box that the user can't interact with it ? I mean I would like that the text box display text, but the user shouldn't be able to enter some text himself ??

Thanks!

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#11]
yup - just set its active flag to false, you will not be able to enter text but you can still use the scroll bars.

dynaman(Posted 2003) [#12]
The interface designer is very nice. I gotta get back to work.

Qcat(Posted 2003) [#13]
Cool the new editer is gr8

Difference(Posted 2003) [#14]
Very, very cool. Both the new textbox and the editor.

A few questions for the new textbox:

Is it possible to get [Ctrl]+X, [Ctrl]+C, [Ctrl]+V shortcuts?

Also [Shift] + [Right arrow] selects ok but
cursor at end of text and [Shift] + [Left arrow] doesn't.

Yappy(Posted 2003) [#15]
u could actually code ur own [Ctrl]+X etc but i'll add them anyway

oops - must have missed [Shift]+Left (never use it myself) so i'll add it

glad u all like the update ;)

Difference(Posted 2003) [#16]
Ups, sorry! It's [Shift]+ Home that's missing! [Shift]+Left is there.

I have a few other things while I'm at it... :)

Would it be possible at some point to have all the default colors in one include file?
The default colors are nice, and I know that it's possible to customize when creating the controls, but that forces the need for a lot of extra parameters. Most of the time, I just need one color set per project. Also this way it would be easy to reuse and swap color sets with outher xlnt users.

I did a small test, and you can replace optional parameters in function calls with constants, so maybe it's possible without too much change? It's a bit hard to find all the wright places to change the code, and then when you update it, it's back to doing it all again.

About sliders:

1.) I can't find a native way to set the value, is that just me?

2.) I have hacked version 1.2 to make sliders that have a color bar on one side of the slider knob. I'd like it if there was an option for this style (with choosable color) so colorbar sliders and non colorbar sliders could coexist.

Again: Great work!

RepeatUntil(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hi Yappy,

thanks for the information about the active flag of the text box. However your documentation is not up to date, as there is no more the MULTILINE variable in the GUI_TEXTBOX function (or not in the same order). Also you have some strange effect in the documentation in the grey box for function for input text... Just for your information!

The editor is very nice. BUT there is a problem for my configuration (windows 98 and old graphics card). I should say that I have the same problem for all application using windowed mode (Tatoo, Quill3D, ...).
The mouse is blinking when I am over the window, and it's hard to see it to click somewhere. The solution is to hide the mouse (hidepointer) and it works pretty well (it's the solution I chose for Cod2Doc)...