Century village!

Community Forums/Showcase/Century village!

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#1]
Here are some images from our game ('our' is Draven and me :)) Century. This is the village where the demo will take place, and it is rendered in Blitz itself, so this is the real quality of the game (I mean the real rendering quality, have in mind that this is a WIP game, and a lot of things need to be added).

Hope you all like it :)

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#2]
Pretty (once you have copy-pasted the image links, the red crosses in white boxes are so cliché :)

Jimbob(Posted 2003) [#3]
That looks positively gorgeous.
Have you got any more detail into what the games about?

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#4]
Thanks for the post.

About the game, it´s a medieval adventure/rpg with multiplayer options.

You can make the adventure alone or cooperative with other players. (like DIABLO cooperative option).

WWW.CENTURY-GAME.TK

Rob(Posted 2003) [#5]
Looks nice. however if I may be honest, the entire scene needs brightening up.

Even real life is brighter. Thats quite dark. Perhaps if Modulate2x makes it in, it may make it look nicer.

Caff(Posted 2003) [#6]
Looking nice! Can't wait to see some of those models walking around!

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#7]
Very nice! Mystic Atmosphere... Congratualtions! Keep up the good work!

How did you make the shadows?

googlemesilly(Posted 2003) [#8]
yes I agree with Rob it does look a bit too dark.

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#9]
yep it does seem quite dark but that doesn't ditract from the quality, those scenes look awesome, looked like renders at first :)

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#10]
Looking really, really nice guys, keep up the hard work!

IPete2.

PaulJG(Posted 2003) [#11]
Quite the looker !. This is gonna be a really classy game.

Gotta agree with the other guys though, maybe alittle dark - how about putting in some light fog ? (so it looks like a hazy afternoon or an early morning mist)

Might just help add a little more atmosphere.

ckob(Posted 2003) [#12]
is this the one you were gonna use the orge engine on? is orge any good havent had a chance to give it a proper look

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#13]
We are preparing a demo which will be released on february. This demo is being written in Blitz3D, because it allows us faster development. About switching to a C++ engine, we'll decide that once that demo is published, depending on the answers from AAA publishers. Even if the game is exactly the same, a publisher is usually more interested if the game is written in C++ than in a Basic-like language.

Yes, I know that this sucks, and we'll try to maintain Blitz3D as our first choice.

I am currently looking at NeoEngine and Torque, more than Ogre.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#14]
How about -Print "Written in C++"-

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#15]
... the O G R E engine... right ck???

Tooo many loose pieces (for me) that have to be collected to use Ogre, although, if you are in the O groove, i'm sure it's a fine engine.

Torque is promising... Cipher might also be of some use to you.

Of course... your prototype demo written in Blitz might be good enough to convince you into sticking with it and completing the project in Blitz... you can always add additional functioanlity via dll interface...

... oh yeah, the screenshots look great... a lil subdued in the lighting department, but I'm sure this is a view of an ongoing work in progress.

This scenes are all soft and atmospheric... hard for a lot of creative developers to capture.

I can imagine this with a lil ground fog and an some stars around dusk.

--Mike

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#16]
jfk This is Blitz, not C++. I said we are looking for a C++ 3D engine for a future version, but we ae currently using Blitz.

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#17]
Hi all.

I have uploaded a video in real-time of one zone of de village. (the village is currently W.I.P).

The textures have more contrast and the village has more lighting.

I hope that like you

VIDEO LINK
http://www.eniac.es/usuarios/asier/draven/cen/village1.avi

mrtricks(Posted 2003) [#18]
Hi,

Looks really nice. I'd like to live there... until you put the monsters in :)

L_Draven(Posted 2003) [#19]
Thanks mrtricks.

In few days i will put more videos with more details.

:-)

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#20]
this i gotta see... the pics above were a sure teaser for me...

... downloading now (3mb at poor ole 56k)

--Mike