BlitzRAD Update

Community Forums/Showcase/BlitzRAD Update

jondecker76(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello Everybody

Just a quick post to let everybody know how BlitzRAD is coming along. I had a really productive weekend and a lot of new features have been added.

I got a good jumpstart on the Visual World Editor. It runs in a 320x240 window in the main IDE and you can see your changes to your game/level in real time. There is still quite a bit of work to do on it though.

The new IDE is pretty much done, minus some of the small things and a few gadgets here and there. You'll notice that now each "poroject" has a tab of levels across the top, and each level has its own entity list. You can create/delete/insert/save/load your works by entity, level, or Game.

Most of my work now is in interfacing the Visual World Editor (written in blitz3D) with the IDE (written in blitz+). It is going along smoothly and the first beta will be out once the interfacing is complete and a few bugs are worked out in the entity list sorting.

Below I'll post a few screenshots to give you an idea what the interface looks like.

Inserting a new object:
You can insert any type of Blitz entities and also images. In this example I'm inserting a simple cube primitive.

Visual World Editor:
So far so good. It works so far with everything I've tested with it (despite the simple example below). Layout out levels is pretty easy, and you have a choice of 5 different views to do it from. Still far from complete at this point though.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#2]
Looks good.

Getting any good feedback from that Sibly fella? Or is he just getting his own back for every feature request and bug report you've ever posted here? ;)

Neuro(Posted 2003) [#3]
Ahh good to see that this is still comming along. I thought it was abandoned....