ExGen - Explosion Generator - [BETA 2]

Community Forums/Showcase/ExGen - Explosion Generator - [BETA 2]

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#1]
ExGen has got a new beta download. There are just a few things to tidy up and I will be putting the app on sale.

There will likely be quite a few updates over the following couple of weeks since there are quite a few things I want to add.

Full changes are in the readme. The main addition is a new Emitter type (raidal). This one lets you specify an angle, a range (around the angle) and a speed. It's easier to understand than the other emitter but works in a different way. The two emitters combined can create some very nice effects.

A radial emitter that looks like this

Generates this

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#2]
Ooh yeah - the download :)

http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/preview/exGenBeta.zip

Kozmi(Posted 2003) [#3]
Hey Ben,

I tired out your Rocket Boards game and I thought it was cool as hell. But im' a little confused on something here.
Was Rocket Boards written in Blitz3D or DarkBasic? Because it looks like the darkbasic icon on the executable???
Which development language did you use for Rocket Boards anyways, and which development language do you like to program in the most and would choose first? Just curious???

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#4]
DrWho : Rocket Boards was originally written in DarkBasic ( classic ) and was then rewritten in Blitz3d. You're really gonna have to stop worrying about everyone else's preferences and find your own, you know. If you ask 100 people and they all tell you they prefer Blitz3d, it still doesn't mean it's the right language for you. Why not just download a demo of whichever tools you don't already own and try them? It's the only way to find out which you find most comfortable, most flexible and most powerful.

Back to Topic : This looks good. Today's my day off, so I'll download this later and try it out this evening. Certainly looks impressive from the screenies.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#5]
Hover Racer was written in DB. Rocket Boards was written in blitz. The Rocket Boards icon looks nothing like the DB icon since I made it myself - it shows the Rocket Boards logo.

I currently use B3d or B+ for everything. If TGC get their act together and sort out DBP I would have no problem with going back to them.

And Sybixsus is right. Stop asking what is best and make something. That's the only way you will decide what is best for you - other peoples opinions mean nothing since it is you that has to use the application to complete your projects.

Sybixsus - Cheers :)

Kozmi(Posted 2003) [#6]
@ Sybixsus...

DrWho : Rocket Boards was originally written in DarkBasic ( classic ) and was then rewritten in Blitz3d. You're really gonna have to stop worrying about everyone else's preferences and find your own, you know. If you ask 100 people and they all tell you they prefer Blitz3d, it still doesn't mean it's the right language for you. Why not just download a demo of whichever tools you don't already own and try them? It's the only way to find out which you find most comfortable, most flexible and most powerful.

Excuse me here!! I was asking Ben about Rocket Boards and what language he developed it in because I was a little confused about it because when I looked at the icon for the executable... It looked like it was developed in DarkBasic.

And im' not worried about everyone else's preferences either as you so put it!!! I was merly asking Ben about the games development in what language.. ( Which is a common question to ask! ) And also to ask him which one he likes best! What's wrong with me asking him his opinion???

I've been a Blitz3D developer for quite some time now thank You!

Sorry Ben... I just had to clear up a few question regarding Sybixsus remark to that effect!

Kozmi(Posted 2003) [#7]
@ Binary_Moon

And Sybixsus is right. Stop asking what is best and make something. That's the only way you will decide what is best for you - other peoples opinions mean nothing since it is you that has to use the application to complete your projects.

Dam Dude!!!! Excuse me for asking you a question!!!! I already use Blitz3D and have for some time... And BTW too! Check out my worklog on my upcoming World Editor.. " QoolEdit v1.0 " in the Work Logs...!

Both of you!!!

Dam I was merly just asking a question and i get my behind jumped!!!!!

sorry Guys!! I wont ask no more!!!

( * Argervated * )

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#8]
Hey man. Chill out :)

I have seen a number of posts by you asking what language people made things in. It's not a big problem. It's obviuos you have blitz in some flavor since you post on these forums. I just don't see why it matters.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#9]
Dam I was merly just asking a question and i get my behind jumped!!!!!

Let me assure you that I have no intention of jumping your behind, either now or at any time in the future.

Seriously, you started a topic on this subject, and got a LOT of opinions, but all those opinions don't seem to have helped you. The reason they haven't helped you is because they never will. I stand by my suggestion to get demos and try all options and see what you like best.

If you're gonna get "argervated" every time someone makes a polite suggestion, your blood pressure's gonna go through the roof.

Kozmi(Posted 2003) [#10]
@ Binary_Moon

Hey man. Chill out :)

I have seen a number of posts by you asking what language people made things in. It's not a big problem. It's obviuos you have blitz in some flavor since you post on these forums. I just don't see why it matters.

Hey Im' chilled dude! ( Laughs! )

The only post you seen where I asked what other people have made things in was the original post asking: " Which one's better?? Blitz3D... DarkBasic Pro... 3D GameStudio.. "

And as for me having Blitz in my favor here.. Blitz3D is my main development package right now and will be for quite some time! It's a great development language for just about everything!

It really doesn't matter I guess, and Im' sorry if I offended you by asking which language you developed Rocket Boards in... I was just curious to know that's all!!!
Rocket Boards is a excellent little game that I and my friends have enjoyed very much so..! Nice work Ben!!!
I hope my world Editor will be as good I hope!

Other than that... No Problems!!!

cheers...

Kozmi(Posted 2003) [#11]
@ Sybixsus

Let me assure you that I have no intention of jumping your behind, either now or at any time in the future.

That's Good! Because Im' not that kind of guy!!! ( Laughs! )

Seriously, you started a topic on this subject, and got a LOT of opinions, but all those opinions don't seem to have helped you.

Hmmmmm... I dont recall putting a topic in such a situation where I was asking for opinions to make a decission on something?!? I believe you're reffering to a topic that was started asking people which one they think is better? Blitz3D... DarkBasic Pro... 3D GameStudio... I was just wanting to see what everyone thought, And I did ask for peoples opinions to! I did clearly state that in my post!

The reason they haven't helped you is because they never will. I stand by my suggestion to get demos and try all options and see what you like best.

I already have mentioned which package I like & have had for quite some time now! BLITZ3D!!!

If you're gonna get "argervated" every time someone makes a polite suggestion, your blood pressure's gonna go through the roof.

It's all how it's presented to the individual also and how they precieve what your saying to them too! i took it as an attack of sorts... I merly came back in defence to what you said! No Problems dude, My misunderstanding!! Im' sorry!

I took your polite reply as an attack!! My fault!!!
But then again, not everyone precieves things the same you now!