NJABE - Not Just Another Blitz Editor - First screenshots

Community Forums/Showcase/NJABE - Not Just Another Blitz Editor - First screenshots

Roccia(Posted 2003) [#1]
I've posted some screenshots for my new Blitz3d IDE in worklogs.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/logs/userlog.php?user=4103

Post your comments here!

If you wold like to be a beta tester send me an email at roccia@...

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#2]
It's looking nice :)

What are you writing it in?

*EDIT*
One observation, you might want to increase the first panel size of the statusbar since when you start getting into line numbers in the thousands range, it's not going to display. (unless of course it's autosizing, in which case, ignore me).

Roccia(Posted 2003) [#3]
Perturbatio,

I'm writing it in Visual Basic .NET so prepare you for a big download :-)))) (NOOOOOO!!!!It's a joke it's only VB6)

The first panel is autosizing, of course. Now thanks to your advice I will make the line numbers-gutter autosizing too! Wow what a efficient beta tester!!!

Imphenzia(Posted 2003) [#4]
Can't see the pics?

Roccia(Posted 2003) [#5]
Don't know why you cannot see the pics :-((

I will made these available on my web site too very soon.

gosse(Posted 2003) [#6]
Wow, it looks amazing. Keep feeding us! ;)

|EDIT| I just saw you had multilanguage support, if you need a french version I can do it. |EDIT|

Kanati(Posted 2003) [#7]
Lookin good. What text control you using? Looooks a little like CodeMax (which is what I am using for mine).

Kanati

Imphenzia(Posted 2003) [#8]
Looks good!

Kuron(Posted 2003) [#9]
Very nice looking :c)

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#10]
Not sure if you want Feature Requests, but one thing I would like to see in an editor is Type autocomplete.

i.e.
You declare a type, then when writing code involving instances of that type, the IDE would suggest the field you wish to use as you type it (it would minimize typos and make it worthwhile having long and descriptive fields).

Bolo_Loco(Posted 2003) [#11]
good work !

he,he,i can also see some of my code ("Superdropper.bb")

bolo

Roccia(Posted 2003) [#12]
[Perturbatio]

My Editor does have of course field completition for types!

And will have tag completition for Custom Objects too!

This is one of the leak from other editors that incentivate me to write my own.

[GoSsE Korupted]

Thanks, if you want translate my ini files il french you are welcome! When first beta will come out (very soon, just wait few days) you would be able to translate it in minutes...

[Kanati]
I'm using a base RichTextBox and I've programmed by my own all the code for parsing, colorizing and editing!

[Bobo_Loco]

Oh yeees! 've used your code to fix a bug in parsing Global declaration....(See line 126: global xxx = "bbb" + chr(32)+ "sdsds"....)

See you soon guys!!!

Paradox7(Posted 2003) [#13]
Looks nice, the numbering on the left side, please make it an option to turn it off :P

Once this thing has Folding, it will rule :D at the moment i use the latest Visual Blitz release before it went pay, and its great, going to be a little while till you surpass it. But its looking Very good from the screenshots i see, and with more work, can pass it up :D keep it up.

Kanati(Posted 2003) [#14]
I'm using a base RichTextBox and I've programmed by my own all the code for parsing, colorizing and editing!

Even nicer then. I was doing the same thing but ran into problems with speed when using the richtext box and my own parsing routines. Worked great until I started trying to load in large files, then the parsing, highlighting, and syntax checking started to drag. Hope it works out for ya. :)